“Most popular spot on the Island” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Toronto, Canada
“Most popular spot on the Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We've been on SPI for 4 weeks now, and every time we pass Yummies during opening hours (8am - 2pm) it's been very busy. The first time we ate there was on a Sunday, when it was packed. Had the Eggs Benedict, which I thought was a bit over-priced and over-hyped for what is was. However, went back today (Wednesday) when it was a little less busy, and had a very good experience. Wait staff were friendlier and more attentive, the Cinnamon Coffee was great, as was the Rancheros Santa Cruz (shrimp, egg & bacon). My wife had the Taco plate, which was also good and filling. Atmosphere was enhanced by Hotel California playing on the sound system, and a beautiful sunny morning on the Island!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Zeeland, MI
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our lunch at Yummie's today. The burgers were great. The salads and sandwiches we saw delivered to other tables looked delicious. The unexpected star of the meal was a piece of grapefruit pie that we shared for dessert. It was wonderful! Great little bistro. Friendly, smiling wait staff and happy customers. We will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, AZ
“Yummy Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is WONDERFUL!!!! They are only open until 2PM, so there in time to get a table. VERY popular & you will know why. The owners could not be more friendly & the food is EXCEPTIONAL!Grilled vegetable & shrimp panini is a dream come true! Chicken slad famous on the island & the homemade pies are unreal!

Visited February 2013
Lake Ozark, Missouri
“Grits on steroids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

While Yummie's (believe me, it is not a Shack!) has lots of tempting breakfast choices, I'm addicted to their Gulf Coast Grits. If your first experience with grits is here, I doubt seriously you will ever be satisfied with the blah kind that most places in the South serve.
While Yummie's also serves lunch, we've only ever come here for breakfast.
The Rancheros Santa Cruze is also worthy of mention; a skillet of ham, shrimp, potatoes, peppers topped with two over easy eggs and a couple strips of very good bacon.
One secret was revealed to us on a previous visit (this was our third time here since February 1st): Yummie's will serve lunch or breakfast any time they're open (8:00 a.m - 2:00 p.m.)
One thing we haven't tried is the Grapefruit pie. Maybe next time!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Favorite place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I live in San Antonio now but I had lived in Port Isabel my entire life up until I went to college and I visit my family often and I had never heard of Yummies until my most recent visits. I couldn't believe I had never been there! Anytime I visit my parents now we always have breakfast or lunch there! The service is always great (busy or slow) and the food is fantastic! On my last visit I had the Greek Salad and Strawberry Banana Smoothie...both to die for!! I can't wait to visit again just so I can eat at Yummies!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere