“bang for your bucks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island
Laredo, Texas
“bang for your bucks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I loved it. location is great and the rooms are top of the line. Plenty of space in the room. Stuff in the room are updated and the staff is very friendly. The only thing i believe that needs to be changed is they need curtains in the room. (sunlight came through the window early)
and breakfast they should at lease give some cereal and fruit in the mourning. But i guess we cant have everything

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here for my daughter's birthday. I got two rooms for my family and I. Staff was extremely helpful and polite. My room was huge and super clean. I stayed here on May 6. My little baby girl loved it as well. I don't know how many complain about the distance of the elevator if it's a great exercise. Beach and restaurants were very local. I definitly will be back on the 29 of June for my Dad's Birthday. Perfect hotel and size for family vacations. Will be putting this on my monthly hotel stay. Than you Sunchase

Room Tip: Third floor is super peaceful
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The staff were perfect. Parking is easy and close to everything you need/want. The rooms were huge and clean. The view (that I didn't even book for) was awesome. Had a mini kitchen area in the room also. Great place for a family, outdoor pool is small but our kids met other kids and had a blast! Seriously would go back, wish I lived closer!

Room Tip: Our room was a far walk down a long hallway after the elevator but no complaints, after driving so l...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tyronza, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

How can you say "Friendly". I say the staff at Sunchase. What a great week we had there. My birthday was during our stay and when the staff learned of it they placed a bottle of sparkling wine in our fridge and 2 glasses and a signed card. Never had that before in a hotel. Our every need was met. We were given David's personal computer while the house one was being serviced. Our room was always clean and any request for extra coffee was met with smile. We loved the friday night country western group that played in the lounge. We were just an old couple but they made us feel as important as a bus load of execs. Although there are changes being made to have all the facilities open in the hotel, all of our needs were met during our stay. We have traveled in all 50 states, all of Canada's provinces , Mexico, Bahamas, Europe, and will say they tried the hardest at Sunchase to make us happy for being there. One more kudo. The parking was a big plus for us. Thanks

Room Tip: our room was 442. We selected it because it looked out on the lagoon and was very spacious. We lov...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Suites At Sunchase was booked for two groups and the entire staff was very accommodating. They went above board to be helpful and were always friendly. They handled catering for all the meals and everyone truly enjoyed their stay. We will be returning soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Harlingen, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

First time ever staying at Suites at Sunchase and will definately return. The front desk people were very friendly and even suggested things to do which we did and had a blast. They had an Elvis Impersonator the night we stayed and he did an outstanding job, really took you back in time. We danced the rest of the night away at the Lounge in the Suites. Looking forward to another stay there and some R n R......!. The room was very roomy and clean. A definate plus.

Room Tip: You might look to see what events are happening in the Casablanca Lounge in the Suites.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The worst vacation ever...At first I thought it was nice, having covered parking, now that I think about it that was actually the best thing about this dump. As we walked thru the weird, stinky, halls, i immediately noticed how dirty the carpet was.The room was very nice, until I pulled back the blanket, and saw hair and brown spots on the sheets, I said ok I'll just ask them to changed them, but they never came, then I noticed there was not a tub, I asked for another room, the man who checked us in said, none of the rooms had tubs. So,I tried to relax and make the best of it, took off my shoes, and the carpet was soaked, b/c the air conditioner had a leak, which explained the smell, Finally, they gave us a new room, (Oh!! this room had a tub). Moving on...we stayed 2 nights, I never seen house keeping, they had NO TOWELS!! Moreover, my daugter kept having astma attacks, I really believed there was mildew in the rooms. We decided to leave this horrible place early, I didn't care about the refund, but my hubby talked them into giving us the last 2 nights back. I wouldn't recommend this place to my enemy.if I had any.

Room Tip: When booking a hotel, remember the saying "You Get What You Paid For" Please read the revi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Suites at Sunchase? Share your experiences!