“Reasonable place to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Suites at Sunchase, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Save Saved
You added Suites at Sunchase, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member to your Saves list
Suites at Sunchase, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
1004 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
Katy, Texas
“Reasonable place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The place is well located. You can go on foot to the best restaurants in SPI (Gabriella's and Yummie's) - just one block far away. There is also McDonald on one side and a Dennys on the other side of this hotel. I did not like the location of the pool (close to the main street). Note that this hotel does not have beach access, but the beach is close (just 2 blocks). If you want to spend the whole day on the beach, there are places you pay $4 to park your car and it is offered a basic structure (restrooms and showers). The staff was friendly. They gave us an upgraded room and did not charge extra for that. The room was clean, but the main hall was not. The water pressure from the shower was really too low and the air conditioner is in a horrible place - very close to the bed and also noisy and old. However, for the price, I would stay there again. SPI is a beautiful place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights and when I was ready to checkout they tell me the system was down and they had to email me my receipt. I received the receipt the same day but noticed try have yet to charge me, took them about a week to withdrawal the money from my account. Next thing I know I was charged 3 nights when I really stayed 2 nights. I decided to give them a call and ask for Maria the lady that was handeling my account, and she would tell me they had charged me 2 night so I asked for the manger and she would always say shes not in, I said no I have the receipt and my bank statement showing me you charged me 3 nights. Now I had to deal with my bank and wait 60 days to see if they could contact sunchase try to dispute it to get my refund back. So my bank called me back and said they didn't answer, of course they didn't answer cause they know what they did. Never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I absolutely loved staying here at this hotel. I kept trying to find one online that looked nice and was reasonably price and Suites at Sunchase turned out to be the one. The ONLY complaint I have was the water pressure from the shower was too low, other than that, it was an enjoyable stay. It wasn't too far of a walk from beach access one at all! My friends and I plan on coming back to the SPI and when we do, we will be staying at the Suites at Sunchase!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Brownsville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

room was dirty i hr to get another one ,fridge to small,we have to buy a cooler ice machine not wking,cleaning lady came to do the room tell her to wait she didnt cleanit ,complain form that day no one clean the room,awfull service people act as it they dont care no supervisor,i talk to Maria the manager she just laugh didnt care try to gv me one free night didnt took it,this people ruin my vacations,no beach access,bad service,rooms dirty,shower moldy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Plainview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Staying at the Sunchase was wonderful! The rooms were always kept clean and towels were replaced rapidly. I was never disturbed while sleeping at the Sunchase by noise and I felt completely comfortable staying there! If and when I come back to Padre, the Sunchase is where I'll be staying!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Plainview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The rooms were impeccably cleaned and organized daily. They were very spacious with room to put luggage. The beds were comfortable, and the mini-fridge and microwave sure did come in handy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The rooms are excellent and huge! A shower this big I've only seen in the penthouse at resorts in Mexico. The bed was out of this world and the pillows & linens were amazing. Flat panel tv and wet bar rounded out an excellent room. I did find it a little hard to see driving in but I had called to ask directions and was told to look for McDonalds two buildings before us. It was confusing as to where check-in/registration was and where to park. But the staff was very friendly and check-in was flawless. I had read reviews and asked for a room away from the night club. Glad I did. I slept like a baby, it was very quiet and I also asked for a bay view. Great view. I wish they had balconies. the reviews are correct the hallways are meandering and being away from the club means a long walk to your room. The pool was lovely and nice and warm. The restaurant was good, ate there twice. The hours are a little strange but then there's Denny's next door and McDonalds two doors down the other way. So many good restaurants on the island I had to try so this wasn't a big issue. I do wish they had something for breakfast. I didn't want to walk to Denny's and hall the food back up. I like to just throw something on and go back upstairs. The parking garage was another big plus for me. I'm not a big beach person so not being on the beach was no big deal for me. When I did go it was a 2+ block walk which I enjoyed. Next time I'll bring a group and enjoy the night club. It was fun, oldies but a lot of "islanders" were there. All in all I want to go back for sure. The price was great and still got a 4 star room!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Suites at Sunchase, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!