“Not a 5 star, for price not bad” 2 of 5 stars

You added WindWater Hotel to your Saves list
WindWater Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5701 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Special Rate
Special Weekly & Monthly!
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Not a 5 star, for price not bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The rooms could stand to be updated. Our fridge didn't work and 30 min after reporting it, it got replaced. For the price of $37 a night during the week it's a good value, not fancy but appeared clean. The breakfast was pretty bad so plan on eating a taco at Stripes or at a restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't get by the pool on weekends it will be noisy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Donald W

San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Do not pay a dollar or even look at the place when you drive by. Will post pictures later. This was the filthiest place I have ever stayed at. There were stains all over the comforters, dirt and food all over the floor, poopie on the toilet, hair stuck on the shower, and floor, mold al over the ceiling, etc, etc.I will post photos later. Very, very filthy. Please do not stay here, it is a health hazard.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank LupeLoverock

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Leander, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I'm actually here as I write this and no, it's not the absolute best hotel on the island I'm sure but for $90 plus tax for two weekend nights, I can live with it. Yes, it could use some updating but it's fairly clean, other than wear and tear from what I would assume to be age. The girl at the front desk has been very friendly and accommodating so far. My only complaints are, the AC really doesn't work that well and we have had issues with the toilet not flushing but if you need a place to sleep, on a budget, it's definitely doable. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank JodieKai
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I drove up to this place I tried to stay positive. But when I heard my mother gasp I knew it wasn't good. I walked in and basically it was 2 beds, a tv and not much else, well not much else worth looking at. Upon further inspection, the area around the elevator was nasty, dirty. Then after bringing in our luggage, I looked closer at the room and was afraid to even sit on the bed, much less look underneath the sheets. Well, needless to say we had reserved the room for 2 nights. I was not letting my family stay there not even 1 night. We got the heck out of there and cancelled the next night. We didn't get the money for that night, but I didn't care. We ended up going to Brownsville instead at another much cleaner hotel. Don't stay at this hotel. You can tell they don't clean this place at all. My brother had a room here also for 2 nights and had to stay 1 night, because it would have cost to much for him to cancel his 1 night. But did cancel the following night. He said that the sheets did look like they hadn't been changed. Ewwwww!!!!.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Norma V
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stay away, for starters i thought i rented what was a two bedroom suite but it turned out to be a two bed hotel, fine my mistake i asked if i could cancel my reservations and was told no very rudly by the front desk clerk. Ok still fine thats cool, i understand. So upon further examination i noticed sand on the covers, i called the front desk and told them to come and reclean the room they said ok and i left when i came back they had only changed the covers (i could tell by the used q-tip that was still on the floor since before we left was still there). Besides that every time we left the room we had to take the keys ti the front desk because they wouldnt work, and the broken lock didnt exactly make me feel secure... bottom line im never goin to stay here again

• Stayed July 2012
mission
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed recently at the Wind Water Hotel at SPI. I am local so I have stayed in many places at SPI before. This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The "suite" was the wost place ever. There were roaches everywhere and the carpet was super dirty. Mosquitos and flies were everywhere and we were unable to sleep. The towels were dirty and I called the front counter. The lady calmly said that the towels were clean but that they would look dirty because they couldnt be bleached anymore. To to it off they was a huge spider in the restroom. I was just praying that the night could end soon. Nightmare of a hotel!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Roaches in our room, housekeeping unplugged our refrigerator while we were at Schlitterbahn, killed our sons insulin costing us another $100. No coffee makers in rooms and breakfast must be eaten in a room big enough for 15 with 61 rooms of guests!? Pictures can be deceiving.

• Stayed July 2012