“Run!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Run!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

When I drove up to this place I tried to stay positive. But when I heard my mother gasp I knew it wasn't good. I walked in and basically it was 2 beds, a tv and not much else, well not much else worth looking at. Upon further inspection, the area around the elevator was nasty, dirty. Then after bringing in our luggage, I looked closer at the room and was afraid to even sit on the bed, much less look underneath the sheets. Well, needless to say we had reserved the room for 2 nights. I was not letting my family stay there not even 1 night. We got the heck out of there and cancelled the next night. We didn't get the money for that night, but I didn't care. We ended up going to Brownsville instead at another much cleaner hotel. Don't stay at this hotel. You can tell they don't clean this place at all. My brother had a room here also for 2 nights and had to stay 1 night, because it would have cost to much for him to cancel his 1 night. But did cancel the following night. He said that the sheets did look like they hadn't been changed. Ewwwww!!!!.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stay away, for starters i thought i rented what was a two bedroom suite but it turned out to be a two bed hotel, fine my mistake i asked if i could cancel my reservations and was told no very rudly by the front desk clerk. Ok still fine thats cool, i understand. So upon further examination i noticed sand on the covers, i called the front desk and told them to come and reclean the room they said ok and i left when i came back they had only changed the covers (i could tell by the used q-tip that was still on the floor since before we left was still there). Besides that every time we left the room we had to take the keys ti the front desk because they wouldnt work, and the broken lock didnt exactly make me feel secure... bottom line im never goin to stay here again

• Stayed July 2012
mission
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed recently at the Wind Water Hotel at SPI. I am local so I have stayed in many places at SPI before. This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The "suite" was the wost place ever. There were roaches everywhere and the carpet was super dirty. Mosquitos and flies were everywhere and we were unable to sleep. The towels were dirty and I called the front counter. The lady calmly said that the towels were clean but that they would look dirty because they couldnt be bleached anymore. To to it off they was a huge spider in the restroom. I was just praying that the night could end soon. Nightmare of a hotel!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Roaches in our room, housekeeping unplugged our refrigerator while we were at Schlitterbahn, killed our sons insulin costing us another $100. No coffee makers in rooms and breakfast must be eaten in a room big enough for 15 with 61 rooms of guests!? Pictures can be deceiving.

• Stayed July 2012
Powell, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I booked this room because I thought the price wasn't so high, but for the price I paid, an outhouse would have been better than this. The check in lady was really friendly though, so I don't want to bash her. However, who ever the owners of this place are should be ashamed! It didn't look like these rooms had been updated since the 80's and probably not cleaned since then either. There were dead bugs on the floor, and not little ones, huge bugs!!! The bathroom was gross, and it smelled so bad! The remotes didn't work for the TV's and the parking lot was so small. I went with my grandparents and they didn't have a room with two beds so we got a "suite" (if you can even call it that) with a king bed and a pull out sofa. I pulled out the sofa bed and thought it was gonna crumble right there on the floor. Needless to say I hardly slept all night for fear of bed bugs and couch collapse. DO NOT STAY HERE! Gross, gross, gross. Spend the money and get something decent. The only thing good about this place was the short walk to the beach, then again its not a very wide island is it?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We spent a night here over the weekend and were horribly disappointed. We walked into the room and were immediately met with a musky odor. The floors were disgusting and the room looked nothing like the pictures. We shrugged it off and figured we could handle it for one night. Then I walked into the bathroom. The walls had mildew all over them and when I lifted up the toilet seat there was a mass of pubic hair floating in the water. The sink hadn't been cleaned and the corners of the floor were literally black and had obviously not been cleaned in quite awhile. The bathroom was so foul my three year old walked in and declared "This room is gross, I want to go home!". Besides the general funk of the room, there was no coffee maker, the TV remote did not work and the AC was barely working. We had a limited time at the beach and didn't want to mess with finding another hotel; which is the only reason we stayed the night there. The pool was okay but there were glass bottles everywhere and cigarettes littered all over the outside of the pool. In the evening we were unfortunately not too surprised to see two cop cars in the parking lot (some of the other guests looked a little shady).You could not PAY me to ever set foot in this disgusting place again. Yes, the price is cheap, but in this case you truly get what you pay for!!! Do not stay here if you want a comfortable room.

Room Tip: If you want a good room go to another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Initial check in after unloading all our belongings, the door wouldn't open with our card. The receptionist issued another room, the lock on the door was broken and the floors were all sandy on check-in. The toilet would barely flush, there was no vent or A.C in the bathroom, no coffee pot for complimentary cup of coffee. Not happy. Have stayed at other hotels since this stay for the same price and was very happy at them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Been to WindWater Hotel? Share your experiences!