“Great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3913 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597 (Formerly South Padre Island Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in South Padre Island
San Antonio, Texas
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

The room was so clean, and the employees were so helpful. I heard there was new management, well good for them because the manager turned that place around. They offer continental breakfast and the rooms have their own fridge and microwave. It is located in the area of south padre island which is near everything.

• Stayed February 2014

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Newburyport, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

First I'd like to say the manager is really trying with this newly aquired property. However, no amount of apologies will make this stay acceptable.
The room was overall clean, and when requested maid service was good. But I feel we shold not need to leave our room four times in one day and wait for it to be serviced!! And then ask the manager for our room to be serviced!! This was one of a long string of bad things that happened in the ten days we spent here!!! We should not have to bring to the attention of the management of the hotel that we have a burned out lightbulb, and it had been that way since we checked in four days prior to our conversation!! Then we had an issue with a guest at the hotel getting locked out his room and pulling the fire alarm at 3:30 am. Then we had more guest problems.
On the brighter side...we were comped a nights stay!!!
I think I will be taking this up with the credit card company next!!!
This stay at this hotel was in no way acceptable!!!!!
I don't think we will be staying at an Econo Lodge property ever again!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean and hotel not too far from beach access. I was told there is new management and employees and they are making great improvements. We will be coming back!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Harlingen, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Got there in the evening was going to get a 2nd floor room asked for a 1st floor and they were very accommodating and gave me one. The girl at the front desk was pleasant and made sure myself and my wife were taken care of. The room needed some remodeling as it looked and smelled old, they definitely need to put in a new sofa, new mattress which was somewhat comfortable but not like that of (Suites at Sunchase). The TV was an old style picture tube style TV and was also small. If you want a decent place just to stay at a cheap $35 a night stay then this is it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jezika21
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

just as you are reading, there was no general lights at the room, only 2 lamps...

the blonde girl at the lobby had an attitude, as soon as i got there she made that moment awkward, very very bad service...
the indina guy was very courteous

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

When we arrived I told the counter clerk that I would pay cash at checkout time and not to charge my credit card. She said that was no problem.
Our room was fair but the shower had a very slow drain so water would accumulate at your feet as you showered. After the first night, housekeeping only left two towels for the next night. We had four towels the first night.
The continental breakfast was very lacking; nothing warm to eat.
The swimming pool could have been cleaner.
When we checked out, I find that my credit card has been charged for our stay. The clerk said I should have paid cash when I arrived. I told her the clerk was not properly trained because I was not informed of this at check-in time.
I will NEVER go there again, no matter how bad we need a room.

Room Tip: I will avoid this place in the future. You can make your own judgment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Take my advice. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else. cockrocockroaches,no towels room was hot. You get what you pay for.looks like the projects. We figured it didn't matter we were just ssleepingthere. Trust me it matters.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!