“Very Lacking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3913 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597 (Formerly South Padre Island Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island
San Antonio, Texas
“Very Lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

When we arrived I told the counter clerk that I would pay cash at checkout time and not to charge my credit card. She said that was no problem.
Our room was fair but the shower had a very slow drain so water would accumulate at your feet as you showered. After the first night, housekeeping only left two towels for the next night. We had four towels the first night.
The continental breakfast was very lacking; nothing warm to eat.
The swimming pool could have been cleaner.
When we checked out, I find that my credit card has been charged for our stay. The clerk said I should have paid cash when I arrived. I told her the clerk was not properly trained because I was not informed of this at check-in time.
I will NEVER go there again, no matter how bad we need a room.

Room Tip: I will avoid this place in the future. You can make your own judgment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Take my advice. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else. cockrocockroaches,no towels room was hot. You get what you pay for.looks like the projects. We figured it didn't matter we were just ssleepingthere. Trust me it matters.

• Stayed August 2013
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Dozens of roaches when entered room. Room was filthy. Clerk rude when told. Height of summer season, room was $289 per night. Asked for refund. NON REFUNDABLE, even though I had paid less than 10 minutes earlier (will dispute with charge card). "Breakfast" is in lobby, only six chairs. Parking lot small and crowded. Pool is minuscule. People partying in parking lot. Most disgusting hotel I have ever personally seen. If this had been a TV show I would have thought I was being pranked. Unfortunately, this was reality.

Disgusting! Disgusting! Disgusting!

Room Tip: Disgusting hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you book here, don't be surprised if it is overcrowded and the small pool is filled with kids. The "breakfast" is obviously an add-on with three tables and six chairs in the hotel office. Parking was tight and we chose the best option which included the street one night.

WIFI, forget it if you are past the first 10 rooms.

Tub slow to drain.

The staff were friendly, but then again we had no formal complaints.

There is a pet fee per night and any number of people over the room limit is $10/night.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here because of the price, make sure you get a room close to the office if you w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Guymon, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My family & I will Never Come back to this hotel! Our first room had a roach, we told the lady in the front we tried showing her the roach she did not care. She gave us another room. It just now turned into an Econolodge by choice hotels. I'll be writing a review on that site as well. The parking lot was so jammed, pool was dirty. We got a 2queen bds with kitchenette, that was kinda convenient. There So called continental breakfast was a JOKE!! No working ice machine. We usually stay at the Travelodge, which I totally recommend. Our expirence was horrible. Samona, or something like that, not too sure the girl's name. I feel she was careless & RUDE when we told her about the roach. I hated my stay at this hotel of horror!

• Stayed June 2013
mcallen. texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My son and his 14 year old daughter stayed one night while on a fishing trip. Cockroaches in the rooms. Very Spartan living. It appears the staff and management really don't care about the conditions.I would recommend a different motewl in the future.

Room Tip: a different motel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!