“good service bad pool” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3913 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597 (Formerly South Padre Island Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I only paid 33.00 plus tax for my room so it was a bargain. This is a slightly older property but the room itself was very clean. I was in the office the evening of my stay and they were quoting 99.00. I would have felt ripped off if I had paid that much. The exterior, the common areas, sidewalks etc could use a good scrubbing and overall exterior cleanup. Lots of trash everywhere, broken lawn furniture and broken ice machines. If the exterior was cleaned up I would have given this 4 stars because of the price I paid.

Room Tip: I didnt stay there but I would avoid rooms near the one working ice machine. Seemed very loud to me...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DaysInn M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel . We use these comments to see how we can continue to improve our hotel. I will use these comments to address our staff on how our guest's are experiencing a stay at Days Inn. Please continue to stay with us on your next visit. I am sure you will see that we have addressed your comments.

South Padre Island, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is my 5th stay here and although the furniture is outdated the rooms are vrey adequate. The beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly and helpful. The tv remote didn't work and was taken care of quickly by Ian. The price is more than reasonable for off season.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DaysInn M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
On behalf of Ian and our entire staff, THANK YOU for choosing Days Inn for your stay on South Padre Island. It is truly rewarding when a guest singles out and employee, and finds their stay eventful. It's only through the eyes of a guest that we can accurately measure the quality of the accommodations and servides we provide.

Thanks Again
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

stayed for the month of january and had a nice, large room with couch, micro, fridge, wifi, breakfast, paper, pool and hottub just a block from the beach. Staff very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are light and airy and also include coffee maker with coffee/tea. The staff was very helpful in taking care of my business requests which included sending and receiving faxes. There are numerous restaurants and pubs within walking distance including the Padre Rita which is next door.

Room Tip: If there are only one or two the rooms with couch instead of second bed are very roomy and comfortab...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DaysInn M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, thank you for your kind words. We are delighted that you found our location very convenient. Our employees do their very best to accomodate each and every guest. It is truly rewarding to them when a guest's recognize their efforts.

Rolla, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I checked into the Days Inn on South Padre the first part of December and will stay until the first week of January when my condo will finally become available. My room is on the first floor, near the pool and hot tub. I was initially disappointed that the hot tub was broken and dirty. Now, I miss the day that it didnt work. The pool area is a popular hang out spot for the drunks, who like to hoop and holler all hours of the night and management has been either ineffective or uninvolved in enforcing the 1100 pm cut off time. Management also was uninterested in controlling its guest who were shooting fireworks in the parking lot among all the parked cars. South Padre police however are very friendly and effective. After being threatened back to my room by intoxicated pool goers, afraid to leave my room to walk my dog prior to going to work, the Padre police came out and dispersed the drunks at 3;30 am and stood by as my dog did her morning duties so that I could go to work.
There are bugs in the room and housekeeping rarely makes an appearance. They dont want to clean while i am here, they dont want to clean if I am gone and the dog is here, they dont want to clean if I take the dog and leave for hours when I see them near my room, basically...they just dont want to clean.
The "Continental breakfast" consist of toast and powered donuts. Truly the most pathetic thing I have seen in a hotel anywhere, they would score better if they didnt serve breakfast at all. They should be embarrassed.
There is one coin operated washer and one coin operated dryer for all 50 or so rooms. The washer on most any day can be found with soured clothing left for who knows how long or a dyer full of cloths that someone has abandoned for a day at the beach. I highly recommened you just use the local laundromat.
The sleeper sofa that was in my room was literally falling apart and was not fit to sit on. I had it removed my first day here. When the hotel workes came to take it, it literally fell into pieces before they could get it out the door.
The parking lot is dirty, beer cans litter the place as does trash of all sorts.
The only good thing I can say about this place is its cheap. Please keep in mind...you get what you pay for. I feel very strongly this is not a safe environment. However if you a drunken meth head...come join the party.

Room Tip: avoid anything near the pool area
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DaysInn M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Please accept my apologies regarding your stay at Days Inn South Padre Island. I know that the property lacked alot of attention while you where staying there. I have come on board recently, and am addressing many of the same issues you have brought up. There is no excuse for anyone to have to go through what you did. But, let me assure you that I have brought up these same issues to the approriate personal, and have held them accountable, and will remain having them accountable.

I would like to thank you once again, for bringing this to our attention, and hope that you give Days Inn another chance in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Although the building looks outdated I decided to give it a shot. When I walked in the clerk greated me at sight. I asked to see a room and I have to admit they were large rooms and you could smell the clean. As I walked out was greeted by another employee everyone seemed cheery. We made our decision to stay the pool area was large and that was a plus. Also a tile floor was great bc I have allergies. The tv and furniture was outdated. I was very happy with the staff and the large areas will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!