My wife and I spent two nights at South Padre recently during the Sand Castle sculpture competition. We normally visit SP during the week to avoid the weekend crowds, However this competition was scheduled for a Friday and Saturday so we chose a hotel on the bay or lagoon side of the island. The Inn at South Padre turned out to be just what we wanted. We arrived on Friday evening and when we checked in the hotel was almost empty. As usual we had requested a top floor room and after chatting with the ladies at the check-in was upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi. Although I am not a jacuzzi fan, I never pass up an upgrade. One of the features I like about this hotel is that it is oriented north/south which means none of the rooms get direct east/west sun which can really heat up a room in south Texas. When we drove over to Clayton's to inspect the sand sculptures we noticed all the highly rated hotels were full or filling and I remarked that average is sometimes better. The Inn included a complimentary full service breakfast with eggs and bacon and lots of coffee. It also has its own trolley stop just out the door where we caught a free trolley over to the Port Isabel Lighthouse. The trolley takes you all over the island (including by Clayton's) and hits designated stops on the half hour. By the time we got back to The Inn at noon on Saturday it had filled up with a wedding party but they were nice people except for a few smokers who missed the non-smoking signs in the hotel. Overall we enjoyed our trip to average hotel with above average amenities for less money and more relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel to South Padre Island in Texas and stay at our family friendly hotel. We welcome you and your loved ones to stay as we have many amenities to suit everyone's needs. Enjoy all that South Padre Island Hotels have to offer from the comfort of our tastefully decorated guest rooms and the convenience of our central location, where the beach, bay, restaurants, bars and retail shops are all within walking distance. Tropically landscaped pool and Jacuzzi Complimentary Hot Breakfast daily from 6:30 to 9:30 Complimentary WiFi throughout entire property Evening movie showing at the pool (seasonal) - popcorn, ice cream, and snacks available Meeting facilities Guest laundry facilities Ice and vending on each floor Activities desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Inn at South Padre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At South Padre Hotel South Padre Island
- Howard Johnson South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Howard Johnson
- s Padre Island Hotel