“Awesome - no complaints!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gulf View II

Gulf View II
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Padre Island
Gulf View II
1700 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island
st louis
“Awesome - no complaints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I just returned from a stay in the studio 301 rented by Peg's Padre in Gulfview II. It was a great experience. It was the first vacation I've taken as an "adult" so I wanted it to be perfect - the owners of these rentals were SO helpful. They were quick to answer every question I had (and I had lots) and give recommendations, even showed up in person to help when we couldn't find the beach due to some construction! Very high level of personal service.

Room was very cute, clean and comfortable. The room is stocked with very useful stuff - full set dishes/glasses, nice cooler, beach chairs and toys. We flew in so having these things in the room saved us a lot of money and hassle! They had plenty of chairs on the balcony which overlooks Schlitterbahn waterpark, we spent a lot of time out there. It felt much more homey and comfortable than a chain hotel w/no kitchen would have. Bed was firm but actually really comfortable, especially the sheets/bedclothes, they were very soft. Shower was great too.

The pool at the Gulfview is absolutely wonderful as well, much bigger than I expected from the pictures, very clean and nice surrounding area. The whole place was just nice. Walk to the beach is short, easy, and paved. Building is very easy to find coming from the bridge, and is very near some good spots like Gabriella's and Dirty Al's.

I would definitely recommending renting from the people at Peg's Padre. If I return to SPI I will definitely rent with them again! I really can't find anything to complain about. The only bummer was the road this building is off of tended to flash flood a bit during the rain, but if you are able to wait it out the water did tend to go down, but if you have a truck or SUV it'd be better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed at the Gulfview II, Room 110, and booked through VRBO at http://www.vrbo.com/93516, but the owner has her own website as well at www.pegspadregetaway.com/ The condo was well maintained and the kitchen/bar area was a bit roomier than the pictures indicate on the website. The location is a very short walk to the beach. We also appreciated the extra beach supplies in the room. They provide two beach chairs, a tarp, beach umbrella, boogie boards and assorted sand toys plus a cart. The owner was very accessible and ready to answer any questions we had about the unit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed in Room 111 at Gulfview II. The place was clean with everything we needed. It is close to the water park, fishing, and snorkeling. It is not on the beach, but it is not a far walk. We stayed with the two kids; they loved the pool. I loved the security at the pool 100% of the time. He kept out everyone that was not supposed to be there. I would recommend it and will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband, my two kids ages 7 & 11, and I stayed at these condos Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed in condo 112 and it was absolutely wonderful. It was a one bedroom condo only a short walking distance from the beach. It had all the ammenties including full size fridge, stove and all the supplies needed for cooking. It had queen size bed in the bedroom and also a fullsize futon in the living room. There was also a rollaway bed in the closet. Also, the condo was equipped with beach necessities such as chairs, umbrellas, buckets for the kids, and several items. It was fully equipped with more than enough towels. The condo was just te right size for a family of four and was in pristine condition and very clean. I found browsing the internet and the actual email address is pegspadregetaway.com. The owner, Lisa, was more than accommodating with changing my length of stay and she sent me an email with all the information about the surrounding area. I highly reccommend this condo! We enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
alytex06
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

My husband and I just got back from a 4 day stay in SPI. We stayed at the Gulfview II, in a condo we found on www.vrbo.com. It was listing #46509, under Peg's Place. We had a studio rental and it was awesome !!! It was very cute, cozy and right by the beach. Beach chairs/cart were provided ... the only thing missing were the umbrella & cabana that were listed on the website. This was our second visit to SPI, the last time we stayed at the Holiday Inn. For the price and location you can't beat this condo. We would definitely stay there again !!!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

Enjoyed our stay in SPI. The Gulf View II Condo was nice - a relatively easy walk to the beach, clean and affordable. We had a 1 bedroom with a balcony over looking the pool. Living room had a pull out couch which was great for our 4 year old. Used the kitchenette throughout our trip, which was very convienent. Would stay there again.

• Disliked — No view of water
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Gulf View II? Share your experiences!