“Not bad, not good” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Not bad, not good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is showing signs of wear. The carpet, room furniture, linens, and overall amenities could definitely use some freshening. The staff was pleasant and the fresh chocolate chip cookies were a nice treat. The complimentary breakfast was OK, but the guests dining ahead of me at 8:00am had pretty much cleaned out everything.

One issue - my room cardkey kept failing. The front desk was helpful but couldn't fix the problem despite numerous new cardkeys and replacing the batteries in the door reader. They finally gave me the housekeeper;s master key to use. Yes, I had the key to every door in the hotel. Fortunately, I'm an honest person.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JAMI M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Snyder, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about the Baymont Inn & Suites of Snyder.
I would like to take this time to apologize about the issues with the door. I am sorry that the problem happened in the first place and could not be fixed with what was done. I will have a talk with the staff about giving guest the housekeeping keys so that it does not happen again.

Again thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Sincerely, Jami Maness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room and the hotel were clean and the bed was cozy and slept like a dream. Shower curtain was freshly laundered; WHICH IS A FIRST! My primary reason for the negative review was the stinky (literally stinky, butt-funk smell) breakfast attendant. Not only was her hygiene deplorable, but she was rude and hateful to several of the parents and athletes and myself when we came down to breakfast at 20 minutes to 09:00 am. She told some of them that breakfast was over and I confronted her and politely requested that the OJ and milk be replenished and more fruit put out so that we could at least have cereal. If the hotel is full, then they need to be prepared for a large breakfast crowd and plan accordingly. I'm sure that the girl had to really work hard for those 3-3.5 hours, but I don't appreciate being put off and lied to because she doesn't want to do anything else but sit on her butt. Our group alone, with the bus full of girls and all the parents and supporters that stayed there with us, occupied at least 50 percent of this hotel. It really is too bad that one person had to ruin it for so many people.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JAMI M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Snyder, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Baymont Inn & Suites of Snyder, TX. I am sorry that your experience was not better. The breakfast attendent had came in early to help with the breakfast. We did have over half of our hotel occupied by workers and they were hungrier than normal. So I apologize that the breakfast was not better than it was. I will speak to the breakfast attendent and the front desk staff about the issues you have brought to my attention.

Jami M.
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at this Baymont many times. Last year it was four nights a week for many months. It was truly a home away from home. I compliment the manager Jaymie and all her staff. I will be continuing to stay there in the future. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

JamiGM, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Snyder, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you James F for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a comment on tripadvisor about the Baymont Inn & Suites of Snyder. I remember you and you always come in smiling (which makes our job better). I am glad to hear you will continue to stay with us. We look forward to each and every visit.

Jami M

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Snyder? Share your experiences!