“Snyder's hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Lubbock, Texas
“Snyder's hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stop here whenever I'm in Snyder. My favorite is the steak. Salad bar is small but still very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kraainem, Belgium
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stopped for dinner in Snyder on the way to Carlsbad. The food at The Shack was good. I would eat here again. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was good.

Visited August 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Hold your nose”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The food is good. The place stinks and is VERY dirty. My shoes stuck to the bathroom floor. The waiter was nice, but I won't go back. I figure if the part that I can see is dirty, what is it like in the kitchen that I can't see?

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Snyder, Texas
“New to Area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have heard from other people that this place was really good. I the waitress was very friendly and took great care of us. The food was ok.

Visited February 2012
“Best chicken fry in texas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

If you are driving between Abilene and Lubbock between 11am and 2pm the day of a full annular eclipse you should stop here and make your tummy happy. I've had chicken fried steak in tons of places,in many states, even worked for a del-rancho in Oklahoma city. This was the best chicken fried steak we've had, and I'm a hard critic.

The hours here suck, but the food is good. It would be worth the trip if I lived in Lubbock.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage The Shack, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.