“Nice, Clean & Safe Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2909 Michelle Drive, Sherman Highway 75, Sherman, TX 75092   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sherman
Tahlequah, Oklahoma, United States
“Nice, Clean & Safe Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Traveling south we stopped December 1, 2013 and had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Enjoyed and would recommend. The wonderful breakfast that came with the room was exactly what we needed to get ready for a day of driving to our winter vacations destination.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Spencer G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Arlan H,

We are so glad to hear that our complimentary breakfast was exactly what you needed to begin the trip towards your winter vacation! Keep us in mind for next year's trip and share with us how this year's vacation turned out!

Spencer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have been staying here for business through out the past months and I have experienced the worst stay of my time, the staff is non attentive the night staff I believe her name is Mika shows no concern for the guests, if there any problems with the room which there will be don't think u can contact management soon, never got a call back! The girl was messy and unorganized she kept telling the guest in front of me her personal issues- won't be back EVER! During the night the guy at the desk never answered the phone-Erik. The morning staff isn't any better Amy she's supposed to be in sales but has no personality and rude!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Exblackhat,

It is alarming to see one of our frequent extended stay guests leave with the intention of not returning. We have looked into the problem areas you mentioned and have taken appropriate corrective action including replacing one of the individuals mentioned in your review and putting in place strict new policies and guidelines concerning phone and front desk etiquette. Please feel free to email or call us here at the hotel and let us know what it will take to earn your business and trust back. The time you have taken to help us improve our operations is priceless, and we say thank you.

(903)892-3300
hieshmes@gmail.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were greeted by Spencer, a delightful young man who was able to get us a better rate. The Room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, Pretty much whatever you wanted. My aunt lives in Sherman and I told her that this is the place to recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Cdrlinda,

We are thrilled that you were happy enough with your stay to trust the comfort of your Aunt and her friends to us! Positive feedback like this helps to keep the moral high; we truly appreciate the time you have taken to give us your review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hotel was very clean. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical holiday inn express and a good start to the day. Beds weren't as comfortable as some holiday inn express' that I have stayed in. Overall, a good experience. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I travel all over the country. My stay at the holiday inn has been one of my most enjoyable stays. Ms. Kristi greeted us with a smile and excellent customer service. Ms. Amy the sales agent quickly negotiated an excellent rate in accordance to our stay specifications. We were also greeted by the general manager as we got in the elevator. He made us feel welcome and never passes any guest without asking if there stay is going good and if they need anything. The rooms are very clean and the grounds are always well kept. The staff are friendly and always helpful. Over all one of the most comfortable enjoyable stays I have experienced in a long time.

• Stayed January 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I have been regular visitors to Sherman, TX for the last 7 years while two of our kids went to college there. We've tried most of the hotels in town, and we tried Holiday Express Hotel and Suites before it was refurbished. That experience was awful. On our last trip a week ago, we decided to give it another try thinking that maybe with the property being spruced up a bit, we might have a better experience. We were . . . mistaken.

The staff was awful. As an example - we had errands to run on Saturday. We left around 10:30 AM. We returned about 6:00 PM. Our room was not cleaned - no bed made, no clean towels - nothing. We made our own bed, and I went to the front desk to see about at least a fresh wash cloth. The front desk clerk said she would be right there. By the time we left for dinner at 8:00, nobody had ever shown up, and we NEVER saw a single fresh towel or wash cloth or had a bed made in two days.

As for the "breakfast" that comes with the room. Don't bother. It was inedible.

There really isn't anything about this place that I can say something positive about. Even after mentioning our frustration with the service, the desk staff offered a "few extra" points on their guest program . . . as if I'd ever join THAT program.

If you are forced to stay in Sherman, TX (and I sincerely hope you never have to do that), avoid this place.

Room Tip: Choose ANOTHER hotel - like the ones next door!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Chris O,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Our aim is to provide superior guest experiences and it is always nice to hear from our guests on how we are doing. It is unfortunate that on this occasion you were not satisfied with the level of service received and breakfast served. We will work on rectifying these points that you have raised and appreciate your feedback as this is our best means of doing so.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Carthage, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was one of the best that I have ever stayed at. From the moment I checked in to the time I checked out I had no problems what so ever. My room was very clean and the room was even at a comfortable temp. The staff was awesome and even the Manager Alma Barnett helped me book my stay there and made everything effortless for me. All I had to do was show up. I will definitely be going back to stay there when I am in Sherman and recommend this hotel to those needing a place to stay while in Sherman.

Room Tip: If you have any problems call and ask for the manager Alma Barnett she is awesome and will help anyw...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel? Share your experiences!