“Not a Quality stay.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sherman
Conroe
“Not a Quality stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was very disappointed in this property. When I checked in and asked about the pool, I was told it was not in service. The room was spacious but the bed was lumpy. There was (a one time) a club in this facility but it was not open; however, there was someone playing loud rap music at midnight. The final insult was that they took down the breakfast 15 minutes before the published time so that my wife was not able to eat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn on our road trip from Austin to St. Louis. We got there late, around 11 pm, and were offered a very good "manager's special" rate. The room was nice, bed was comfortable, bathroom adequate. The comforter was lumpy, but then we do not sleep on it.
There was a sign hanging in the bathroom that mentioned upgraded amenities. Well, all that was in the bathroom was a sample sized shampoo, shower cap, and a broken bar of soap. The bathtub/shower was a prefab fiberglass unit.
The breakfast buffet was nice and included the "make your own" waffle. The room in which it was held must be used as a small night club. In the center was a raised area which was cleared of tables. There were baseboards missing in this room.

Overall, it looked like they were doing some renovations, yet the desk clerk said they were not.

Okay, this is minor, but did bother me. The US and Texas flag flying over the entrance were shredded.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This motel has geatly improved and doing a great job in remodeling. No smell when i registered. Room was very cleaned with new carpet and bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was hot with a wide selection. Font desk clerk was very helpful and took time to take care of on needs. Overall this place is a geat place to stay. Looking forward to more improvments with the pool area being redone.

• Stayed February 2013
Charlevoix, Mi.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I would have left but I was exhausted. From the moment you open the door to the hotel your overcome with the most horrible old smoke smell, its so bad in the lobby and hallway it made my noise and sinuses hurts and my eyes itch. Girl who checked me in was nice but didn't bother to tell me anything including where my room was located. Also as a Platinum member I would expect to be asked what floor I would like, that didnt happen. I also would think the hotel would have upgraded me being the hotel was mostly empty. So on to my room. Opened the door and noticed the floor seemed dirty and the closest door was crooked and off track or broken. I went into the bathroom and the ceiling is falling in. After looking around the bed I noticed there was trash behind the nightstands and food on the floor. Tobacco spit on the wall behind the bed. Room smelled bad and every time the heater turned on it got worse. I went downstairs for breakfast at 9:05am to find the manager training someone and the breakfast being shut down. I asked and was told it ended at 9. I wasnt told that when I checked in. I told her she needed to make sure her staff tells guests that when they arrive. All I received was a meaningless "sorry". How hard would it have been for you or one of the other 2 employees to have turned the juice back on for one second so I could get a glasd of OJ
YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS ARE TERRIBLE and SO IS YOUR HOTEL. I will not be back and I am also sending this review to corporate.

DO NOT STAY HERE and im getting itchy also. Who knows why but im sure its from this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I needed a room for a couple of days, so my wife's parents could stay close to us during Christmas. I was concerned about this hotel after reading some negative reviews.

So I physically went to the hotel to view the room, before I would reserve it. It looked excellent.

We bought them the room for two nights, and they both said that their stay was awesome.

I am glad the owners are renovating all the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012
Seaside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed there one night for business because it is close to the business I visited.

This hotel is not short on problems. A few of the main problems are listed here:
Water damages throughout the hotel.
Rotten stair cases .
Damaged escape doors.
Mold on the guest room furniture.
42 years old mattress - we checked it, the label was still there.
Hallways with holes under need the carpet.
Dirt, dirt, dirt and .... cockroaches.
Broken stairs.
No breakfast, not even a cup of coffee.
I really wonder why this is still operating and have a license to accommodate people.
Stay away and spend a couple of bucks more.

Room Tip: Stay away, the best suggestion I can make.