“Just Plain Scary” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sherman
Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
“Just Plain Scary”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. We got in really late so I didn't have a choice but to keep the reservation. The room was disgusting. I was cleaning my face with a washcloth and noticed a huge stain on it. I almost threw up. The beds are so old, that you can feel springs poking through. I figured as a chain hotel there would be standards but apparently not. When we got to breakfast, there was no food left. I learned never to stay at a hotel based on price. We definetly got what we paid for. I will never stay in a Super 8 again. When I see them I cringe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Deer Park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I felt that there should have been more towels available rather than having to wait for them to laundered after you took them. The hanging rack was tearing out of the wall. There was filth behind one of the bedside tables.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm giving an average because of the cost of the room. Less than 55.00 dollars out the door. If the room was much more I would have rated it as poor. The rooms I stayed in were fine for sleeping through the night. The area surrounding the hotel appears to not be the best. Lots of people walking around at all hours. I had no problems though.

The lobby has an odor, can you say "curry" and the hotel overall has lost the battle with our tuff Texas bugs. The bugs did not bother me, they're just outdoor bugs that got confused, beetles, crickets and the like. I did not notice any "bad" bugs.

The carpets are worn, and the paint not the best, but if your looking to not spend too much, it's okay. Breakfast was on the "thin" side. In fact I passed on it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brownfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

It is always clean and they are so friendly. Their Breakfast is very good. We have stayed there 5 times, If were back in the area we will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

When I first drove up I noticed a lot of problems with the exterior and thought I had made a big mistake making a reservation here. But other than some construction around the lobby, the room/hotel was quite pleasant. Room was clean and had everything needed, in working order. Had a micro/fridge. Furnishings were a bit dated but no problems. Bed was very comfortable. Hotel was very quiet. Breakfast offered standard items - nothing fancy, but sufficient to start the day. Good deal for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Sherman? Share your experiences!