“Not many choices” 2 of 5 stars
Review of West 40 RV Park

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shamrock
West 40 RV Park
You added West 40 RV Park to your Saves list
Shamrock, TX 79079   |
Vancouver, Canada
“Not many choices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Picked up our RV in Chicago and are making our way to Las Vegas. Shamrock seemed like the best play to stay between OKC and Amarillo.

We paid $25 using our Good Sam membership. The writer who said bare bones has it right. We specifically picked it for WiFi which didn't work even in the office. We did get a load of laundry done which was a positive.

The site feels a bit like a ghost town especially with the wind that just whips through making the swings in the playground move on their own. The shower is made for people about 5 foot 5 reports my 6 foot 2 husband and not much pressure.

Wouldn't stay here again; would make alternate plans. The woman who checked us in, however, was nice enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Pawnee, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband was working in Wheeler Tx and needed a place to park our 5th wheel that was somewhat close by. When I called to find out pricing I was told it was $175 a month. When we got to the park we were planning on my husband being at this location for a month but we were told it was $175 a week and no discount for staying long term.

Wow we just drove out to the middle of no where and didn't really have a choice but to stay since it was Labor Day. We knew that at the price they wanted one week was all we could afford!

We did pull our 5th wheel to the very back where the 50amp plugs were and found that it had a nice large pull through spot. Hooking up to water, electric and sewer was no problem. This location is 3.5 miles from the town of Shamrock and we could not get any TV signal. They did have internet but it was not the best and you could not stream anything at all making for a long evening!

We did not use the showers or restrooms and my husband did not have to do laundry until we moved the next week so I cant give any info on that part of the park.

I would say this would be a good place to stay for a night but I'm not too sure about long term. It is very quiet and we found out the day we were packing up to leave from another guy that this place is $345 a month and the guy doesn't always remember what the price is..... So hopefully you will get a better price than we did if you stay longer than a night!

Other than the price for us this place was fine to take your RV for a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Holdenville, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

A good place to stop for the night. The owners were friendly and helpful. The restrooms and showers were clean. The place was quiet. There is a little store that sells snacks pop and ice. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cave Creek, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This campground is the most basic one I've seen. Feet from the Interstate with gravel roads and unlevel sites. Electric, water and sewer, but not internet or TV reception by antenna. When the lady gave me the map of the park (2" X 3"), I had to laugh. She said "park anywhere you want". The park roads are not maintained and loaded with weeds with stickers. Not trees and very windy area. I did not see any other campgrounds near by, which meant we had no choices. This is definitely a one night stand.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Shamrock hotels

Been to West 40 RV Park? Share your experiences!