“Running Across America and my stay at Shamrock TX Holiday Express” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shamrock North

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Shamrock
Monrovia, CA
“Running Across America and my stay at Shamrock TX Holiday Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The Shamrock Holiday Express was a great stay! Wow!!Very friendly and professional staff. Clean spacious rooms and a great delicious morning breakfast buffet. After running all day I can't think of any better place to stay than Holiday Express! Thank you Dena and all the staff for your warm Texas Hospitiality!
Striding on Across America,
JR Monrovia, CA

• Stayed September 2010

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pflugerville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

There are but a handful of hotels in Shamrock and so we chose Holiday Inn so that we may use our Priority Club Points. It was easy to find & only 1 block away from the U-Drop-Inn where we casually strolled over to listen to live music being played beneath the beautiful neon lights. Yes, the hotel backs up to a yard with junky vehicles, but this is a small town and rural lifestyle scenery is to be expected. We were just happy that our room didn't overlook I-20. Our hotel bathroom was very, very nice . . . the best we've seen in the Holiday Inns. The tile and dark wood was a nice contrast to the plush white towels. The continental breakfast was good and the staff kept the food stations well stocked. One down side was that the indoor pool was being repaired.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

This Holdiay Inn Express has the typical amenities, but the people and service were great. I spent the first night in the Irish Inn, and I'll never stay there again. This Holiday Inn is brand new, and the people are as pleasant as you can find. It is within a few blocks of the highway, and this little town doesn't have a rush hour. I'll stay here every time I go to Shamrock.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

First of all, there are other properties to choose from. I chose the HIExpress because of it being "new". The price was exceptionally high for what you get. My room on the first floor overlooked someones backyard with junked cars so I had to keep the drapes closed. When I went to take a shower, the bathroom only had a hand towel and washcloth in it. I was not impressed with that. I had to go to the front desk and ask for towels because my phone did not work. No worries there, but I had to wait more than 10 minutes to ask for a towel. Breakfast was your typical HIExpress breakfast. In the event that you need to use their computer in the business center, check and see if the anti-virus is up to date (it wasn't when I used it). And, they allow pets. I had to listen to a medium sized dog cry (in the hall) for more than 20 minutes because the women couldn't figure out how to get into their room. If I ever need to stay in Shamrock again, I think I'll check a different property. I would only recommend this room to a friend if they wanted to pay more for a room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shamrock North? Share your experiences!