“clean, safe, convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Selma
Dallas, Texas
“clean, safe, convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Hotel is clean, good variety at breakfast, nice pool, close to San Antonio and New Braunfels. Only problem was that there is a lot of traffic on the highway even this far from downtown, and I couldn't find a microwave. I only needed the microwave once and it was such a minor issue that I didn't even bother to ask about one. Overall a nice comfortable place to stay in a good neighborhood. I always felt safe during my stay and there are at least 2 decent restaurants within walking distance. Hotel employees are friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had some trepidations based on some of the reviews, but the latest seemed to show improvement. I was impressed with the cleanliness, ease of access, and the breakfast buffet. Since this hotel is adjacent to a Hooters, there was some late night noise (apparently a couple was having a disagreement in the parking lot). The rooms were large, the mattress was comfortable, and I like the "soft" and "hard" labels on the pillow cases. The room was a bit pricey for the location, but it still was nice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side (front) face the restaurant parking lots and can get noisy late at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

A long review isn't needed here. This hotel represents the best of what I've come to expect from the Holiday Inn Express brand.

The room was clean and very comfortable. Great location and perfect for business travelers looking to relax and have some quiet time.

I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We've had two very good stays here in the past year and I gave this hotel a good review previously. But there were a number of problems during our third stay that I feel warrant an updated review and a lower rating.

The good news is the hotel is still quite new and the rooms are in good condition. I did have some trouble with the thermostat in my room, but finally got the temp where I wanted it through trial and error. Also the free breakfast was as good as it was on previous visits.

Now the problems:

The front desk did not have one of our reservations, even though I received confirmation of it online before arrival. They had plenty of rooms and were able to accommodate us, but at a higher price than I had originally booked it.

There was a pervasive smell of raw sewage in the lobby and hallways during our entire 5-night stay. It was very unpleasant. The staff seemed to be attempting to cover it up with air freshener, but they were losing the battle. I eventually mentioned this to the front desk. They shrugged and apologized without explanation.

I came back to my room one evening to find the door had not been closed securely by housekeeping; I was able to push the door open without using my key. Luckily, nothing was missing. I mentioned this to the front desk and they shrugged and apologized.

The front desk was apathetic, as you can see from the above remarks.

I hope the problems we encountered were just bad luck, but if the management is as bad as it seemed on this trip, I fear this property is on the way down. I noticed that a new Comfort Inn and a Hampton Inn are opening nearby. I think I will try one of them on my next visit.

Room Tip: Take a high floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Fan on the AC would not stop, next morning, Sore throat! Had to ask twice before they moved me. And they always act like you don't know what you are talking about! No Priority Rewards benefits at all, they don't seem to care. And when I asked Holiday Inn Express.Com how I found a cheaper price on price line they denied every having what is clearly on their web page:

Holiday Inn Express - Official Site | hiexpress.com
www.hiexpress.com
Best Price Guarantee or Your First Night is Free!
Holiday Inn Express Reservations
Explore Hotels and Destinations
Book Meetings, Weddings & Groups Save Up to 20% On Winter Vacations
Hotel Amenities
Announcing Our Best Price Guarantee

Best price Guarantee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Food is fatty, Powdered Eggs, coffee is ofter watered down weak, and cold! No fridge in rooms! Bathroom has no vent and mirror is gone after shower! It would stake days to dry it!

Room Tip: Try Hampton Inn!!!!! Cheaper and as good if not better, I don t pay for a name when the name is Poo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We slept like rocks in this hotel. My husband laid on the bed and immediately commented on the comfort. It was very quiet at all times. No traffic noise or noise from other guests. Spotless room and clean breakfast area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I'm a big fan of the Holiday Inn Express brand and this one is a nice hotel. Fairly new and very clean. Rooms were nice, with pleasant decor and nice size. Staff was friendly with no issues. Standard HI Express breakfast with a nice eating area. A bit far from downtown San Antonio but a nice place to stay if you are on this side of town.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma? Share your experiences!