“Better than Zion's” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“Better than Zion's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Better chains around but not a restaurant I would avoid. Being100% Italian I found the food a little on the bland side!

21% Recommend
San Antonio, Texas
“What used to be a family favorite is no more! New changes, not good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My family is so disappointed in all the new changes. Not the same at all. Different menu, new food. We gave it 3 last tries. I could go on about all the faults but see for yourself. I'm really bummed because this is a place where we'd always meet for large family birthdays and celebrate different occasions. We always reserved the tables by the the burning fire. : (

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“New Owner, New Menu, Much Improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was very impressed with my meal here. I think I have been to all the local Italian grills and this was the best experience I have had!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marion, Texas
“Lost That Lovin' Feelin'...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Used to enjoy going to RMG. The atmosphere and the open. airy layout were nice enough for J & I to feel like we were "out", and the noise level was enough to mask the sounds our two rowdy boys, so I didn't feel like we were ruining other people's dining experience. However, our recent lunch at the restaurant left much to be desired. The atmosphere is still enjoyable...the food and service...not so much.

There for a late lunch, service was inattentive and the food was lackluster. I had the lunch combination with the Market Chop and the Capellini Pomodoro. The vinaigrette on the salad was flavorful, but the greens tasted of plastic bag. J was served the wrong entree, and we had to flag our server down each time we needed tea glasses refiled.
So glad we used a gift card, as I would have been ticked off if fundage had to come from our pocket. We might try again for dinner, but only if we're desperate.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lost the charm!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011 via mobile

I loved going to Macaroni Grill since it opened; however, after today I will not return. The salad had no flavor. The food had even less flavor. The waitress was ok. There was almost no one there during the busiest time of the lunch hour. Everything I ate tasted like it was ordered from Sysco Foods. I know they use to make the sauces from scratch. Will not waste my money again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere