“Awesome Stay! Loved this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14655 IH-35N Access Road, Selma, TX 78154   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Military Family Rate
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Selma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Awesome Stay! Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I booked this hotel through hotels.com for our summer vacation to San Antonio. I do a lot of planning due to having a big family so we booked our stay back in February to stay in July. When we checked in, the front desk was so very nice! Check in was very quick. Less than 3 minutes. When we got all of our bags up to our room, the phone rang. It was the front desk clerk to make sure that everything was ok with our room. That was very nice and impressive! That night, my daughter got a toothache and I needed to get her somewhere to get some oragel and Tylenol. The night time desk clerk gave us great directions to a Walmart and was very friendly. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious. The room smelled nice and it was very clean. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. We stayed on the 4th floor and the ice machine was only 2 doors down. The breakfast every day was great! We stayed 5 nights and 6 days. We ate breakfast 4 days there. The first morning was marinated steak with peppers and onions and scrambled eggs with flour tortillas to make breakfast burritos. The next morning was sausage and scrambled eggs. We didn't make it to breakfast the next morning. The next morning was bacon, link sausage and scrambled eggs and our last morning was scrambled eggs with biscuits and sausage gravy. Every morning they had cereals, waffles, bagels, bread for toast, yogurt, fresh fruit and oatmeal along with coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea, orange juice, lemonade, apple juice and milk. The breakfast room was very large and spacious. Even when we went down to eat 30 minutes before the breakfast ended they were putting out fresh food. The pool is indoors and we only enjoyed it one evening. I don't remember if it was supposed to be heated or not but if it was, the heater was broken! It was freezing! Of course the kids just jumped right in, but waaaaay too cold for my husband and myself. The pool area had towels and lots of chairs and was very clean and nice.
My only thing I could be a little bit negative about is that there are signs posted that you get clean sheets and bedding "every guest, every day". Our bedding was not changed. I know this because we decided to get take-out one night and one of the kids dropped a little bit of food on the end of one of the comforters. two nights later I was tucking them into bed and noticed that same little stain on the comforter. Also, housekeeping did not vacuum our room when they came in to service our room daily.
The hotel is a short drive from the Riverwalk, downtown San Antonio, Sea World and there are several restaurants and shopping close by. It was a very nice stay! I would recommend this hotel if you are going to San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was an excellent facility. It is fairly new and everything was in good shape. The staff was helpful and friendly. If you are looking to do Schlitterbahn/ New Braunfels, but also want to be close in to downtown San Antonio, it is a good midpoint. I would stay there again; they consistently held up the Hampton brand. I would warn you to watch for the Selma police; they are very aggressive and I got a speeding ticket close to the hotel.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a great stay. Everyone was helpful. Room was nice and clean. Business Center helped me stay productive. Location was great and the breakfast was filling........ Coffee was good, waffle tasted different, it was nice to have something different each day.

Mundelein, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Selma/Schertz Hampton Inn is by far the best hotel value is this area. With a heated indoor pool, the grandchildren were entertained for a good part of each day without having to bake in a 100 degree sun. Staff and manager were more than outstanding. Free breakfast was a nice touch and no charge for wifi or parking. Was clean and fresh. A GREAT value !!!

Selma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

good location, new hotel however it is overpriced. the breakfast is standard for a Hampton. good beds, access to and from the hotel can be challenging. I recommend this hotel if you have a need to stay in theis particular area

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I came in recently for a family reunion Before I even arrived Theresa at front desk was so helpful and such a pleasure to talk with. I had a few edits to make which she did willingly. Once arriving the entire hotel staff was awesome! Special thanks to Theresa and Nikki for being soo sweet. Will come to visit again. Great golf course close to hotel as well.

• Stayed June 2013
bellflower ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Everything said "Welcome"

The front desk staff was professional, and pleasant.
Quiet room, wonderful shower and comfortable bed.
The breakfast certainly served it's purpose.
Will definitely return!

A few little annoyances...
No safe deposit box in the room. After searching the entire room, I learned a box was available at the front desk.
An early morning request for the box was unfortunately difficult to fulfill. The female at the desk tried tirelessly to access any box.
Thought it took her approximately 1/2 hour to access a box, she remained professional and apologized several times for the inconvience.

Mine was a pleasure visit. I had patience and actually felt sorry for the flustered staff member.

However, if I had a pressing engagement, it would have been totally unacceptable.

The in room coffee service was never replaced. I asked the front desk staff. I learned it was to be refreshed daily. I even removed the coffee pot a lid from the coffee maker to make it obvious it needed replacement. It was not done.

Thankfully, there was delicious coffee downstairs.

After watching game 7 of the NBA Finals, there was a sticky spill on the desk.
Though our room was serviced, the sticky substance remained on the desk and food crumbs on the ottoman/coffee table.

When I asked housekeeping staff working in an adjacent room to clean the desk, I was met with such an attitude, I decided not to ask for other services.

The floor needed vacuuming, that was not done. Front desk staff told me it was done if the staff felt it was necessary.

Before my first shower I noticed a long black hair on the side of the bathtub. It was not in a position that I would touch so I figured house- keeping would get it.

The hair was still there on the third day, I removed it with a tissue.

On the third day, I noticed a toilet ring that progressively worsened with time...enough said.

Please repair the ice machine on the third floor.

The location is convenient within walking distance to many retail and restaurant locations.

Parking is plentiful and well lighted.

Thank you for the fully operational air conditioner.

Because it is such a beautiful property and overall the staff was wonderful, I chose to not let these glitches take away from the wonderful time I had with my family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB? Share your experiences!