“An Amazing Place to Weather the Storm !!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seguin
Devils Tower, Wyoming
“An Amazing Place to Weather the Storm !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I am currently pedaling my bicycle across Our Country (San Diego,CA-to-St.Augustine,FL). During a recent cold snap, I arrived in Seguin after fighting wind and rain for the last dozen miles. I was "hammered" and I'm certain I looked that way, dripping, as my bicycle & I coasted into the Comfort Inn Lobby. Bob, the kind man behind the front desk, skipped the formalities, didn't even ask if I wanted a room. Rather, he immediately offered me hot coffee or hot tea and asked how I was doing!!

This is highly representative of my 2 day stay there (the storm persisted). I do own and operate a B&B of my own, in Wyoming, during the summer months. I am very focused on accommodations, appointments, amenities and Client Care. These folks are overwhelmingly Great!! The rooms are delightful and well organized. The linens are crisp and the mattresses delightfully "firm but yeilding". Breakfast is superb, with many, many options; all of them appealing. The Business Center has fast computer & printer. Most importantly, every employee that I met was Happy, as well as Effective and Thoughtful !!

I highly recommend this place, with No Reservations !! It surely helped me "charge my batteries", and get a lot of work, as well as recovery, accommplished while I was there.
THANK YOU FOLKS, All of You, for a Most Pleasant & Productive Stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed there with my family . it is nice and clean hotel with cable TV . very friendly hotel staff .. I will recommend people to stay there . I couldn't except better than this . .......................

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
bob p, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.We certainly appreciateit,as all feedback help us strive to make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you and see on your next visit to Seguin.
Green Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night, and ended up with a nasty bedbug infestation. That can happen, but the worst part, besides all the bites, time and effort to wash everything, clean up the car, etc, is the fact they don't care. We called right away, and was told the manager wasn't in. We advised them of the problem, and left our phone number. The manager never called, so we called Choice Hotels corporate offices. Their only response was they would refer the complaint to the hotel. In the meantime, the infestation continues! OMG.
Now we're calling Texas health dept.

Stayed January 2014
bob p, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Allen218 - With reference to your review in TripAdvisor, I would like to express my sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience at our hotel.

All of the staff, especially housekeeping are trained to recognize bedbugs every since the reports of a bedbug epidemic in the news from a couple of years ago. We diligently check for the little blighters and have been clean and remain so. In addition, taking your suggestion at heart, we have been inspected by the Health Department and also been given the all clear. The Health Department said they would contact you directly to report their findings.

Obviously this did not happen, so I also need to apologize for not following up by calling you myself. Of this I have no excuse and consider myself duly educated to always follow up and not trust that others will actually do so.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a one night stop along our cross country motorcycle trip. Desk attendant was pleasant. This hotel is a bit old and tired looking. The lobby is small and outdated.  Our room was not so great either. The bathroom door does't stay open because it collides with the entry door resulting in the bathroom being very stuffy. We propped the door open so air would circulate in there.  The pillows on the king bed were standard size and of poor quality. The sheets on the bed did not fit properly and kept popping off. The bed skirt was stained. The one chair there was in the room was very uncomfortable and had white stains on it. The refrigerator was dirty. The windows were dirty. The pool was unmarked and we only found it because we were taking a walk. The pool looked relatively clean but the pool furniture was a shambles. The hot tub and pool deck were dirty with leaves all over the place. Breakfast included Danish, cereal, breads, waffle maker and a little fruit. There was also two egg patties and some greasy cold bacon when we arrived at 8:45. The eggs and bacon were never replenished. We would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Billings, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Smelled weird! The shower was in poor repair, the chrome Kleenex holder was pitted and rusty. The TV remote was missing. I moved the nightstand to plug in the phone and there were large amounts of fuzzy dust! Yikes!

• Stayed October 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay at this hotel twice a week for work. I've stayed at many others but this one by far is the best! The rooms are always very clean and the staff friendly. Recent upgrades to everything make each stay a joy and the beds and bedding are incredibly comfortable. If you are looking for a hotel that you will walk away from with a smie on your face, this is it!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
vacationfamily3
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and fresh. The beds were comfortable. Staff was great. The breakfast excellent and the older lady working the breakfast room was beyond great and sweet! Convenient location. The dryer on the second floor stopped 15 minutes into the cycle, front desk replaced my money and I tried again. This cycle went the entire 30 minutes and was still damp.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!