“My Stay here” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
You added Motel 6 to your Saves list
Motel 6
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1826 I-10 West, Highway 46 & I-10, Seguin, TX 78155 (Formerly Alamo Country Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Seguin
Alice, Texas
“My Stay here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here overnight on my way back from Austin. First the room was i would say is rather dated. Bed was a queen size bed and was a little rough and work ( you could hear the springs a little bit. Did have a fridge and microwave (which is unusual in Motel 6's anywhere) TV was rather dated and not the best selection of channels. Ice machine did not work. Room appeared to be clean and as well as the bathroom. No plug for the bathtub, so i used a washcloth to plug it up. Hotel also had WI-FI and so it was a no-frills kinda room. BUT i was greeted upon check in and check out by the same lady who was very polite to me, and that means a lot. I would stay here again. Heck do you know what they were charging at the other hotels, too much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Tub was dirty and had no way to put a stopper in. The drain was ripped apart. Called front desk for stopper or room change, they said they would bring one in morning (never happened) or we could check out now! Then she hung up on me. That happened at 9:30 in the evening, so it wasn't like I woke them in the middle of the night. So kids went to bed dirty. Towels had black pieces of dirt on them. When we unfolded towels to use, the pieces of dirt were big enough to fall on the floor. Security locks were jimmied off door. Seemed like an ok Motel 6 when we got there, but it wasn't. I never expect a four star experience with Motel 6, but a lock for the door? A stopper for the tub so the kids could bathe? Worst part: I was clearly understood while paying for the room, but the same woman suddenly had a language barrier when I asked for a different room and told us to check out now. Being told to check out NOW for asking for a stopper and a lock or a change or rooms so the kids could bathe? Very poor customer service. Lots of other places to stay in Seguin. Only chose Motel 6 because we travel with a dog.

Room Tip: Ask to check your room before you pay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Del Mar, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is no joke, I never write reviews ever but for this I feel I'm obligated. This happened last night. I pulled in, unloaded my car, fed and walked the dog, took my shoes off and pulled back the covers a quarter of the way. I noticed pieces of black stuff, looked like bark or something. Checked the other bed and it looked fine. I looked a little closer and saw little specks, like bugs of something so I pulled it back all the way and low and behold there was a stinkin [--] RAT having a meal in the sheets! This is the 100% honest truth. Stay the hell away from this place. I did get my money back, I don't know how someone with bedbugs didn't, I would have torn the office apart if that was the case.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Silicon Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This Motel 6 was turned into a Motel 6 via addition of a new sign over the old one on the front. The plus side is that the rooms are slightly larger than in corporate properties, and they still have the refrigerator and microwave in the room from when it was another motel. The downside is that it's sort of old and run-down. I saw no signs of any recent refurb work other than what appeared to be a new plastic surround around the chipped bathtub.

Supposedly it has free WiFi. But they gave me a code for the WiFi and it didn't work. So I ended up using tethering on my 3G phone rather than bother getting dressed again and trudging up to the office. If I'd paid for the WiFi I would have been more concerned but still had plenty of data left on my data plan so (shrug).

Others report issues with cleanliness. My room was clean, just tired, with somewhat worn carpet, tired furniture, and a chipped bathtub in the bathroom .

All in all I won't call it the worst hotel ever, but I expect better from Motel 6. I could have stayed at any number of similarly tired budget motels in town for less.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Laredo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

First of all let me begin by mentioning that I just stopped in to take a break from a long drive, I checked in at 2am and was hopeful that this Motel 6 would be comfortable and clean. Checking in to this hotel was a BIG mistake! I have stayed at a Motel 6 before and have never seen anything like this.....dirty, smelly, and in complete disrepair. There was even a cigarette butt on the floor in the room! Now to those who mention you get what you pay for, I agree. I didn't expect luxury mattresses with egyptian cotton sheets but i did expect a clean, well-kept room. This place was just plain gross.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We arrived at this hotel because we were so tired of driving from Houston and wanted a place to stay we arrived at around 12am so I went in and asked the girl who was at the office if she had any availability and she said yes so I asked if she had Non Smoking double beds and she said no that she only had Smoking. I told her that I needed a Non Smoking because I had children with me and she apologized for the inconvinience so I told her I had to talk to my aunt first. I went and talked to her and went back inside and asked the girl if I could see the room first to see how bad it smelled because I had children with me and she changed the subject saying "Oh we have a Non Smoking room with 3 beds @ $99.99+tax" She had lied and said that she didnt have any now she had one, pretty confusing so we decided to take the room anyways THINKING it was a nice room plus we were so tired we didnt even argue about it but Hell no!!!!She gave us room 124 its on the back side of the hotel where theres a trash bin and an empty space of land it was scary. Upon entering the room there was like animal droppings on the baseboards all around the rooms, the lamp between the 2 beds were broken, the mirror was dirty, there were spiderwebs all over the ceiling, the bed spreads had holes, the curtain was broken, the bathroom was dirty and had no trash can, overall the room was dirty. We couldn't go anywhere else because it was late and the kids were tired so we all decided to stay together and sleep in the 2 beds on top of the bed spread. I had put my 2 month old to sleep in the stroller between the 2 beds because I was just so uncomfortable and itchy. The only good thing I can say was that the TV, Hairdryer and A/C were the only things that were ok. Dont EVER stay here its the worst place ever.

Room Tip: No tips this Hotel is HORRIBLE
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

room was horrible . the room had spider webs on the ceilings , seemed like it had not been cleaned/ dusted. Every time we moved on the bed ,dust came through our noses thats why we didnt even move the sheets we slept over them, yuck. We felt itchy and uncomfortable . The curtains were scratched badly by something...floors were filthy... worst of all was the rat poop on the edges . i dont recommend anybody staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!