“Eh” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Seguin
New Milford, New Jersey
“Eh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here after walking out of a horrible place in San Antonio (check out that review, ugh). Compared to the other one, it was clean(er), and in a safe(r) area. We definitely wouldn't have stayed here if we weren't still reeling from the experience in San Antonio. The room was sort of stinky, stained carpet, with old and drabby interior, but again, it was better than where we had fled from. Had to keep checking our car outside because there were definitely shady people around. The first thing we did was throw the blanket on the floor (never use the upper blanket!!!! gross) only to find that it was the only blanket to use. We slept with just a sheet covering us because it was too late to find any stores open. Overall I'd call it America's Best Dump - sorry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Seguin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have stayed here twice witin two weeks. The first stay they charged a pet deposit of $25.00 and when we went to pay for the second day they charged us another $25.00. When we asked about it they said that it was daily deposit, we would get it back at end of stay. When we went to check out they said that we only get $25.00 back the other amounts were pet fees per day. The only reason we stayed here was that we were having some plumbng problems at home and it was close. The rooms were filthy and the service was poor. We had to track the maid down to get clean towels, sheets and toilet paper. The second stay, we asked for a smoking room again and the manager gave us a smoking room and a key. It was the wrong room so he moved us to another room. We got all our stuff set up in room and he said that the room was non-smoking and was going to give us another room. This was the third time and then constantly being watched and called to complain about the windows being open, the dog kennel being left outside the room scares people from getting room, the manager looking in our windows and spying on us ect... Pure harassment and inconsideration. The place was smelly, and the water knob was broken in the bathroom. Constant caling us and requesting different things that didn't make since. Place was a dump and I would not recommend it to anyone. Management and front desk people very rude.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

WE stayed at this hotel for one night and found it to be very,very bad. Many things were broken in the room and it was dirty everywhere. The manager was called and did not fix anything. I have stayed at Americas Best Value many times before and do not expect a three star motel but this place was the worst I have ever seen.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

This place is NOT worth $60 + tax, it's dirty, smelly, moldy, and so on. The service here was unacceptable, as if I was bothering him ( I'm sorry I wanted to rent a room from you). The shower leaked out slowly and the AC was more like a fan.

• Stayed April 2012
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

WE ARRIVED THERE ONLY BECAUSE THERE WAS NO OTHER PLACE AVAILABLE. We were trying to stay in San Antonio but Spring Break had ALL rooms booked. Sigh

I told my wife well lets try and stay in Seguin, take care of some banking matters in morning and head back. How bad could a ABV motel be, Theyre usually pretty decent.WRONG!

1. THE RATE WAS GOOD...$67 with tax. Stayd for less elsewhere and cleaner
2. The room smelled terrible
3. The carpet was like ughhhh, do I have to step on that?
4. The bathroom was clean
5. Linen was clean including towels
6. Well I thought we could rough it (the smell adjusted your senses so it blended it after timne)

I thought I would get R & R since we didnt have our kids for the 1st time in 8 years
but soon found the Deluxe King Bed incaving so getting nothing going. At 3:30 am I call front office using the 1960 Princess Style phone to complain. "HABATTA HABBATTA,,,,HABATTA.(UNKNOWN LANQUAGE). "I dont know what you did but that bed was fine earlier" an NO you dont get a discount nor a refund!

The owner couple came over and pulled all the sheets off bed, moved matterees around and set it up where it would be level. Ok, thats fine, I can FINALLY GET SOME SLEEP

Air condition had no temp control...

Shut it off and then you could here my stomach noises or the next door renter going Bang...WHAM WHAM WHAM....ahhem....so I thought I would leave bathroom light/vent on to make some noise,,,brother, that thing made SOME noise...
We finally fell asleep at 4 am and got up at 830....late of course but some sleep..I would of gladly paid 80 bucks at a decent 3 Star but this doesnt even qualify as a 1 Lump of Mud, much less a 1 Star!

REACH YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS...

Did someone mention a pool? OMG..I driven by sewer plants that have less floatees than that....Get some goats to eat the grass while your there brother....

Room Tip: Dont use national motel chains as a reference for localized trash!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

This hotel smelt like mildew ! I am allergic to dust/mold and could only bear to be in the room long enough to notice an inch of dust on the hangers, tile missing in the bathroom, refrigerator not working, wood peeling from the walls, front door could be pushed right open even when locked, pool was so filthy my kids wouldn't even get in it, air conditioner leaking water everywhere, beds smelt bad, it was THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER SEEN ! To top it off, we immediately asked for our $ back and they refused !
I have never had such a bad experience - I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE !

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

Stayed one night after seeing a show at Gruene Hall. Room was very large -- two-room suite with kitchenette, which we did not know at check-in. However, second room/kitchenette did not have working A/C nor working refreigerator. (Freezer did work). Dead roaches in kitchen cabinets.

Toilet did not work upon check-in. Upon inspection, water was turned off, and chain was missing. After a call to the office, mgr produced a chain and turned the water on. No explanation why this was the case. No shampoo. Limited amount of hot water.

Would give this 1 1/2 stars -- am refraining from 1 star because no one was outright rude to us and for one night was barely adequate.

Thanks to TripAdvisor have good advice on where else to stay next time I go through Seguin.

• Liked — Unexpected second room
  • Disliked — Lack of common motel basics (A/C, shampoo, toilet)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Seguin? Share your experiences!