“America's worst junk!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Seguin
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“America's worst junk!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

This place is NOT worth $60 + tax, it's dirty, smelly, moldy, and so on. The service here was unacceptable, as if I was bothering him ( I'm sorry I wanted to rent a room from you). The shower leaked out slowly and the AC was more like a fan.

• Stayed April 2012

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

WE ARRIVED THERE ONLY BECAUSE THERE WAS NO OTHER PLACE AVAILABLE. We were trying to stay in San Antonio but Spring Break had ALL rooms booked. Sigh

I told my wife well lets try and stay in Seguin, take care of some banking matters in morning and head back. How bad could a ABV motel be, Theyre usually pretty decent.WRONG!

1. THE RATE WAS GOOD...$67 with tax. Stayd for less elsewhere and cleaner
2. The room smelled terrible
3. The carpet was like ughhhh, do I have to step on that?
4. The bathroom was clean
5. Linen was clean including towels
6. Well I thought we could rough it (the smell adjusted your senses so it blended it after timne)

I thought I would get R & R since we didnt have our kids for the 1st time in 8 years
but soon found the Deluxe King Bed incaving so getting nothing going. At 3:30 am I call front office using the 1960 Princess Style phone to complain. "HABATTA HABBATTA,,,,HABATTA.(UNKNOWN LANQUAGE). "I dont know what you did but that bed was fine earlier" an NO you dont get a discount nor a refund!

The owner couple came over and pulled all the sheets off bed, moved matterees around and set it up where it would be level. Ok, thats fine, I can FINALLY GET SOME SLEEP

Air condition had no temp control...

Shut it off and then you could here my stomach noises or the next door renter going Bang...WHAM WHAM WHAM....ahhem....so I thought I would leave bathroom light/vent on to make some noise,,,brother, that thing made SOME noise...
We finally fell asleep at 4 am and got up at 830....late of course but some sleep..I would of gladly paid 80 bucks at a decent 3 Star but this doesnt even qualify as a 1 Lump of Mud, much less a 1 Star!

REACH YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS...

Did someone mention a pool? OMG..I driven by sewer plants that have less floatees than that....Get some goats to eat the grass while your there brother....

Room Tip: Dont use national motel chains as a reference for localized trash!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

This hotel smelt like mildew ! I am allergic to dust/mold and could only bear to be in the room long enough to notice an inch of dust on the hangers, tile missing in the bathroom, refrigerator not working, wood peeling from the walls, front door could be pushed right open even when locked, pool was so filthy my kids wouldn't even get in it, air conditioner leaking water everywhere, beds smelt bad, it was THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER SEEN ! To top it off, we immediately asked for our $ back and they refused !
I have never had such a bad experience - I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE !

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

Stayed one night after seeing a show at Gruene Hall. Room was very large -- two-room suite with kitchenette, which we did not know at check-in. However, second room/kitchenette did not have working A/C nor working refreigerator. (Freezer did work). Dead roaches in kitchen cabinets.

Toilet did not work upon check-in. Upon inspection, water was turned off, and chain was missing. After a call to the office, mgr produced a chain and turned the water on. No explanation why this was the case. No shampoo. Limited amount of hot water.

Would give this 1 1/2 stars -- am refraining from 1 star because no one was outright rude to us and for one night was barely adequate.

Thanks to TripAdvisor have good advice on where else to stay next time I go through Seguin.

• Liked — Unexpected second room
  • Disliked — Lack of common motel basics (A/C, shampoo, toilet)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
washington state
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

we checked in, paid cash. my husband went to find sodas and sandwiches, he came back the room smelled aweful, checked closer it was the bedspread. the oily smell stuck to our hands honest. asked for a refund aprox 30 minutes after checking in. said no refund so we went to super 8 in new braunsfels it was excellent. just emailed the parent company, hope we get a refund.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — smell,room was stifling hot. bedspread filthy. managers unpleasant no refund policy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pflugerville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

The manager allowed the maid's children to run in and out of rooms as she cleaned. The maid left her own trash in my room and also created a mess with my personal items that was left on the bathroom counter. She also allowed her children to run all over the parking lot without supervision.

I accidentally left clothes in the dresser drawer when I checked out. I called the hotel immediately and was told that the maid hadn't cleaned the rooms, yet. The receptionist took down my name and number and said that the manager would call me back. No one ever returned my call. I had to call back 4 addtional times. Each time I was told to call back. When I asked if someone could call me back, I was told no. The manager was extremely uncooperative and told me that my clothes weren't left in the room.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

We have stayed here twice, the first in 2005, it was dirty, no coffee maker in room, no coffee, etc;checked out shortly after seeing the room. In Aug. 2006, we tried it again, much improved. Had a cleaner room, complimentary breakfast, prompt attention when requested. Will probably stay there rather than paying more for not much room time.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Seguin? Share your experiences!