“Bad Bed” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Motel Seguin to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Seguin
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1525 Highway 46 North, Seguin, TX 78155   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Seguin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Couldn't get a room at the usual HIX, Hampton etc. The oilfield boom in south Texas has made getting rooms very difficult. Reserve early! Hotel is an older place redone probably 5-8 years ago. Cheap carpet, worn paint. Bed is actually not bad. Just off the interstate so its a little loud. Room was hot when I got here since the AC was off. In August, in Texas, really? At $89 + tax, a little steep for a $50 room. Beats the do drop inn though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Its amazing how expensive hotels have gotten even in towns where there seems like theres nothing there. That's how it is in Seguin, Tx but its off I-10. Super 8 was cheapest, i got room @ $75 with my RCI discount otherwise its around $89. Rooms recently renovated. Flatscreen tv, iron and blow dryers, and coffee makers in rooms. All rooms are outside entry. Looking at outside view i think can detur one wanting to stay but rooms were clean and have hot breakfast. Next to McDonalds, kettle house and gas station. Was quiet and a/c worked. Good for night or two. La quinta next door was $139. I cant get myself to pay that much for one night. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

NEVER STAY HERE. I recently booked a room through KAYAK at the Super 8 in Seguin Texas. The pictures looked nice, it was $120 a night, I figured it would be fine. It was the worst place I have ever been. When I entered the motel lobby to check in a wave of cat urine odor came over me. That should have been my first sign that this place is nasty and not fit for a family stay. I had just driven in from Houston and went straight to a basketball tournament with my son and wife, we here ready for a little down time, so I got the room. We went to the room and boy, that was a surprise. The smell of weed permieated the room and pubic hair was in the bathroom. The floor had not been vacuumed, I know because there was a dirty Q-tip on the floor. The blow dryer had ashes and burn marks on it where someone was using it for a lighter I guess. I went to the agent at front desk and asked for a refund, because I was not sleeping in that room. No way. He offered to move me to other room but I decided that he offered me a room that was disgusting, how could I trust another room would be clean. I said no thanks. The he starts getting mad at me, saying " Nobody smokes pot in my rooms ever!" I asked if he wanted to see the room for himself. He said that he was the only one there and could not leave. Then he stated that I would have to get my refund through KAYAK. I did not argue with him, so I went to tell my wife the news. I went back to the room and called KAYAK and they said I would have to get an approval from the motel manager. I'm getting the run around. I went back to the front desk, and now there are 2 people there, he said before that he was there alone. I told him that I need to see the manager to get a refund and he said she was gone. The lady standing next to him smiled and said you must go through KAYAK for a refund. I booked this room through KAYAK.COM. and have made 3 calls to them about my refund. I also spoke to them about how they should not represent Motel 8 in Seguin Tx, because they have nasty, dirty rooms. I have yet to get any resolution. There aren't very many hotels in Seguin, we had tried The Hampton Inn and The Comfort Inn and they were both booked, so I guess that's their racket. Put false pictures on the internet, charge $120, and when the other hotels fill up, people have no choice and get ripped off. I understand that there's a place for smoker's rooms and cheaper hotels that are not the nicest but this place should have been charging $59 a night, not $120

Ralph Elliott

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Emmaus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The room itself was fine, but the walls are very thin, and the motel is right next to both I-10 and to a fairly active railroad.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Motel Seguin? Share your experiences!