“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Seguin
Frisco, Texas
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My room was at the end of the hall and very quiet, did not hear any noise from other rooms. I had a 1 king bed room that was very spacious. Refrigerator in room which is important to me. Room & bath were very clean, bed was very comfortable.. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Breakfast included eggs, sausage, pancakes, cereal & much more. Would definitely stay here again. Chili's is right across the street, easy access to highway. Very nice hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

At $135 a night I expect a certain level of service. Card did not work three out of the four days. Got back one evening and my room was left open, anyone could have walked in. Reported it and all that was said was 'Sorry about that' no followup, nothing after that. Had to ask for shower soap twice as housekeeping failed to leave any on two days. Internet constantly dropped but that happens most anywhere nowadays

But, the room was very nice, clean and easy to work in. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Bob J,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found our staff friendly. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience you had with your room accommodations. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Seguin.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

First, I want to say that I am very particular and can find bad things easliy.
I am not sure why this hotel has been given such bad reviews. So bad that I tried really hard to avoid the place. I called the hotel several times prior to reserving to verify the negative reviews have been rectified.
Some notes of interest:
The hotel guests are primarily from the oil rigging business and those men and women arrive to the facility VERY dirty! I can assure you that there will be someone from the hotel cleaning up right behind them. We did notice that there are some oil "stains" that were over-looked. I noticed a black spot on the wall and also on a towel that apparently wasn't inspected by housekeeping 100% made it into our room.

The hotel staff was very friendly. Most staff were fluent in both English and Spanish.

The complimentary breakfast was very good and available earlier than thought. We had a very early flight and was surprised to find that some breakfast items were available at 3:00 am

One complaint: Our keys would randomly quit working. No, we did not put them near our cell phones. There were 4 adults in our room and it seemed we were constantly getting our keys reset.

I have read complaints about double-charging and have checked my credit card and have not been double charged YET. I was present at the front desk when a former guest was on the phone regarding a double-charge on his credit card...I will be watching mine!

*The rooms are way over-priced. But there isn't much you can do about it if you need to be in Seguin. Our next visit, I think we will stay in San Antonio along the River Walk. Much better value there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Very comfortable beds. Quiet, clean, practically new. Employees were excellent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Traveling late at night I wanted a place to be close to San Antonio. I stopped in here and was very pleased. This is a very new Holiday Inn Express, room was very nice. A fan in the room was a very large plus for me...just love circulated air. Overall it was a good experience. Internet was very fast as well. Only negative was the price for the room, but the hotel was almost sold out so I guess I get what I got...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

In all fairness, I have to start this by saying we didn't actually stay here. We were supposed to stay here for a night, but there were a couple of things that turned us off almost immediately. Upon entering the hotel, it smelled of smoke or something else that made my wife, who has allergies, ill. Also, the north stair well we entered thru had numerous crickets and other bugs in it. I think it must have been mating season for them because they were everywhere. Things didn't improve when we got to our room. Our assigned room had stains on the carpet and a few big spots on the wall. We sat on the beds for a few moments, and I thought we would be able to stick it out for at least a night, but my wife just wasn't comfortable at all, so she went across the way to check and see if the Hampton Inn had any rooms.
I have to say I am disappointed. We've stayed in several Holiday Inn Express' (see my reviews), and we've been pleased with every one of them, except for this one. It just seems like the whole interior design of this one was wrong. The room didn't really have a warm comfortable feeling, it felt more like a (dirty) hospital room with a lot of light colors for the carpet and walls, which showed stains.
I will add that I saw used carpet roll on the back side of the hotel, so maybe they're re-modeling, and maybe we'll give them a chance some other time, but this time they failed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We drove east through San Antonio thinking surely there would be something on the east side only to find ourselves without a place to stay. We pushed on to Saguin and found the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn sitting off the exit side-by-side. I looked up the Hampton Inn which was $30 more a night. Given that both looked brand new, we decided to take our chances on the less expensive Holiday Inn. Glad we did. The young lady at the desk was quite pleasant and recommended Joe's Italian, a local restaurant for dinner that was quite delicious. The room was spotless and very nice. And, if you are concerned about extra charges, book through Hotels.com as we did and you will get free rooms and peace of mind.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!