“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Seagoville
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

What made our stay here so nice was the greeting we recieved from the front desk associate Debbie. Sorry i didn't get Debbies last name. Debbie greeted us with a big smile & hello. She directed us to where we were going, she told us where the nearest shopping area was & recommended a variety of restaraunts in the area. That personal touch is what really impresses me when i stay anywhere. & out of all of the Best Westerns that i have stayed, Debbie was the first associate to inquire if i had been set up for my reward points & then proceeded to set me up. I was very impressed with that. The hotel itself was in pretty good shape, i didn't see anything that i would say stood out that i would complain about. & let's not forget the warm cookies that we were offered when we checked in! A warm cookie after a long drive is nothing but a plus! The breakfast was decent. the kids loved making their own waffels, which by the way were in the shape of Texas...cool! The juice was good, coffee was good, cold cereal choices were good. Our only complaint would be the formed eggs...i guess that's how i would describe them. Over all we enjoyed our stay here & would definately recommend it. Oh yeah...it was only about a 15 minute ride from this location to down town Dallas.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front of the hotel & we could see the highway. really couldn't say anyth...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked 3 rooms in this hotel for 2 nights and we also booked the conference room for business purposes. Even though I made the reservations nearly 2 weeks in advance, every time I called to ask a question there seemed to be poor communication between front desk and management as there was confusion about the rooms we needed and how long we needed the conference room for.

When we arrived there had been a storm and the whole hotel had a very strong and pungent smell to it. For schedule purposes, we absolutely needed to conduct the meeting in the conference room instead of finding another hotel. Staff and management were very helpful and accommodating to our needs with regards to the meeting room and how we needed it set up.

However, due to the strong odor in the hotel, we were unable to sleep in the rooms as it was truly overpowering. Staff tried to use air fresheners and fans but to no avail. Even though we could not sleep there and checked out after the meeting we were charged for all three rooms for 1 night despite pleading the rooms were inhospitable. I know it was not their fault that the hotel had suffered water damage, though it was disappointing that they didn't acknowledge that we could not spend the night and still charged us even though we left after the meeting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was very comfortable and close to the attractions we were looking for. My grandkids loved the pool. They did not want to get out. We were glad that all of the restaurants were all within a short distance. It was very easy to locate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights while working at the Seagoville AFRC. Perfect location, only about 1.5 miles from AFRC. Food places and small shopping area ( Walmart and a few other stores) only about 3-4 miles south on US Hwy 175. There is nothing fancy about this place, but the room was clean, it was quiet, the breakfast was fine ( Belgian Waffles, omelettes, cereal, juice, coffee, bread & fruit). The bed was comfortable enough, the TV and the cable was sufficient. But the one thing I was impressed the most was that the Internet was extremely fast. It has a small outdoor pool but it was being cleaned at the time so I did not get to use it. I would stay there again if I am working at the AFRC. For us, military people this place is okay!

Room Tip: If you dont want a view of the Federal Prison, ask for room facing east!
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

When first booking the room was told that a rate of $59 applied to our classification, upon checking out that rate was denied and was charged $79 per night! Later the person representing the group that gave us the rate, reaffirmed the rate and called the owner's representative, who reportedly confirmed the reduced rate, but no offer to refund the difference! Security fence in back and around the pool was barely standing on its own; the entry to the back door referred you to use a phone handset to request access, but it did not work. Had to pound on the glass door to get desk clerk to come and open the door. No elevator for second floor.

Room Tip: No elevator to access rooms on second floor.
Covington, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I guess I need to begin with the fact that there is NOTHING around this hotel (no food, bars, entertainments venues, etc.) So if you worked late, like we did, you would have to drive into Dallas to find food. Also, I would be re-missed if I didn't mention the view from the hotel front door. The view is great...if you like the sight of razor wire that surrounds the Federal Correctional Institution that is right across the interstate. I could have lived with that, but then we (a group of myself and five others were staying there for work) walked into the front door. The hallways were hot and muggy and smelled like mold. This was constant through out the entire length of our stay. The rooms were your typical rooms...nothing special. The first two nights of our stay was uneventful...then...on the last night of our stay, my room had an odor SO FOUL that it made me gag when I walked in. It smelled like human feces. When I brought this to the attention of the night front desk attendant, he handed me a can of Febreze and said that he would "make a note of the problem." He didn't offer me a different room, did not say that he would offer me another room if they had it, he acted like he didn't care at all. Needless to say the air freshener did nothing to remedy the problem at all. It should also be mentioned that the front desk staff decided to go to sleep behind the desk. Good thing we didn't have any questions for him because he was sleeping for at least an hour. The rest of the staff was virtually non-existent.

The only positive was that the room was clean (not clean smelling...but visually clean)

Overall this hotel was horrible...If we were going to stay any longer than the few days that we did, I probably would have gone next door to check out the hotel that shares the same parking lot as this one. If you are headed to the Dallas area, I recommend finding a different place to stay! I will not be staying here again! The rooms were cheap...this is another example of getting what you pay for...we paid cheap prices for these rooms and we got crap! Including the smell that goes with crap! SKIP THIS PLACE!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a good room...choose one at a different hotel!
Round Rock, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our room was clean but smelled like mold or mildew, like being in a damp basement. It rained our last night and we heard water dripping somewhere. My husband found that there was water coming in from the top of the window frame and dripping to the bottom of the sill. The window frame looked like it had been recently painted, but clearly the leak was not fixed. We did mention this complaint on check out and were told it would be looked into, but that was it. There seems to be only one person for the front desk and office so someone is not always manning the front desk and you may have to wait for service. Also there is no elevator and you may end up in a smoking room if you want the first floor. This was our second and last visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!