“Great seafood!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Texas
“Great seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My parents, my daughter, and I ate here for lunch. We each had a variety of their combination platters. My shrimp and oysters were great. They were nicely crispy without being hard. My daughter wanted to try their stuffed jalapeños, but we didn't want a whole order. Our waitress kindly brought her one to try. I am planning to go back in the near future with my husband!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, Texas, United States
“Could Be Alot Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I ordered shrimp & fish - broiled. It came to me broiled fish but fried shrimp! I said this is not right with the shrimp. Can you fix it? Waitress said no, you did not specified broiled shrimp. Yes, she acted like she was hurried, over-worked, & did not care to make cusstomers happy. Food quality was pretty good. But, there's too many better restaurants now-a-days for me to go back there that are not out-of the- way! Plus, she was too busy to take our photo.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Texas, United States
“good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

very good choice of seafood; offer many varieties of prepared seafood; near Seadrift before you get to the town

Visited March 2012
Selma, Texas
“Not only great seafood but burgers too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Our tradition is to eat here at least once during our trips. We usually get the fried shrimp platter which is huge. Everything on the menu is tasty. Also try the burgers and fries. The atmosphere is laid back and the service is quit good. They are really busy during the weekends but they always seat us right away. One of the best places to eat in this small fishing town. Everything is fresh and always served hot!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Some of the Best Seafood on the Texas Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

If you're traveling between Houston and Corpus Christi, make the short detour to Seadrift and sample some of best seafood on the Texas coast. The flounder - fried, broiled or stuffed, is made the traditional way and the result is outstanding. The fried shrimp is also old-school in the best sense of that term. The decor is nautical from a a past era (say the 1960s) and adds to the charm of the dining experience. A very special place not to be missed.

• Visited January 2012