“WOW. Impressed!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3636 NASA Rd 1, Seabrook, TX 77586   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
“WOW. Impressed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great breakfast with typical cold offerings like cereal and fruit, but also eggs, bacon, waffles (you make), biscuits & gravy, and sausage. Super clean rooms. Carpet wasn't yucky like mosts hotels. Yummy cookies for a little while in the early evening. Pool and Spa outside was well-kept and nice. Comfortable beds. Microwave and frig in room. TV was a little confusing but laminated directions are provided. Perfect distance between Kemah and Space Center. Right in the middle. Thank you!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Argyle, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived at 2:30 and appreciated being allowed to check in early. Our Priceline reservation was in the system, but it printed out with my name, an incorrect address, and someone else's credit card number. The front desk clerk said that it was probably Priceline's address and credit card number...? I was not aware that it worked like this, and it has never happened to me with Priceline before, but I initially accepted the explanation. After thinking about it, however, I became concerned that this might not be correct and if I had someone else's address and card number, they might have mine. Also, there was a pending charge of about $50 on my online credit statement. I have since learned that some hotels do this and remove it if no charges are incurred, but at the time it added to the confusion.

I went back and spoke with a different desk clerk and explained what had happened. The initial response was that I needed to take it up with Priceline. After further discussion, however, she said that I should not have been charged for the incidentals, but that it should have gone on the other credit card (the one that was not mine) and that the incorrect address might belong to the previous occupants of our room who had had to leave unexpectedly the night before. I still am not sure what happened but the extra charges have been removed from my card. I appreciate the time the clerk spent on the matter, but the whole situation did not inspire my confidence.

The room itself was a big disappointment. From reading the other happy reviews, I can only assume that there are other rooms in better shape than ours. There were long marks on three of the walls, a big patch of scratched off paint on the bathroom door (perhaps a pet who was penned there for a while and wanted out?) and scuffs on the main door and furniture. My husband found a silverfish in the bed which we hope will not be stowing away in our luggage.

The location is good and the breakfast was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I have been attending the boat show in seabrook for at least 6 years now, and everytime we come down from Houston we stay at least a week at La Quinta Inn and Suites in seabrook, tx. We love it! Always clean, nice breakfast for a hotel inn, bedroom is exactly what we want, they allow pets, no smoking, and all sorts of accomodations. Such as a swimming pool with a spa, a workout area, a business center, meeting room, and even a laundry room. The staff is awesome too in every shift! They aren't the norm stuck up front desk people, they really make you feel at home. :) Theres always freshly baked cookies in the afternoon, and if you need ANYTHING at all the ladies at the front desk always are a HUGE help!

Room Tip: We definitely recommend one of the suites with a sleeper sofa or jacuzzi. At this hotel the staff is...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Do not book here if you are using points or a discount as a LaQuinta Returns member. I had a confirmed reservatoin using points plus $15.00 booked two months in advance. I do not like being charged with points, but it was only $15.00. I will not book that way again with LaQuinta. I was told on the day of arrival that my reservation was cancelled on the day of arrival because my credit card declined the $15.00 charge. I was told that they called me that morning at my home number. When they told me they called twice, I knew it was a lie because I was home. It came out, while the returns line was wasting more of our time, that there was a reunion in town and they were overbooked. Returns service called and received obtained no help. There was a room available in Galveston for $259.00 but would not accept points. They told us the closest room was in Pasadena. The manager did call there, but could not get me a reservation. He did not even know where it was located. An assistant did print me directions. He told me it was 30 minutes from Galveston. More lies. Returns did credit the points and make the reservation in Pasadena, who were gracious to us. This unnecessarily wasted hours of our time that could have been spent at the beach. We ended up with a very late dinner in Kemah that was at least a 20 minute drive each way. If Returns has no control over their locations, their loyalty program works only one way. This place may cancel you if they get a reservation for more money, then lie to you to add insult to injury.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was not our first stay at this hotel, but a special one. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Our experience exceeded expectations. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast was excellent, and the room, though a little small, was very adequate. The hotel is pet friendly (good for us) and the grounds were very clean and picked up. We had a slight problem with the air conditioner, but the staff got us quickly into another room. We would deffinitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The Deluxe King room was a little small for two addults and three small dogs but adequate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Traveled with my kids to visit Kemah Boardwalk and Galveston so the location of this hotel was excellent.The rooms were clean and very nice.Several times during our three day stay we requested fresh towels and our requests were met in a very timely fashion even late at night.The breakfast was excellent and the variety was very good .This was our first time traveling to the Houston area and if we return we will certainly stay at La Quinta Seabrook again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook? Share your experiences!