“Not the same Marios” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Pensacola, Florida
“Not the same Marios”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

First let me say that I grew up in Houston and have always loved Marios is Seabrook Texas. Now living in Florida I look forward to the great food I will enjoy while home in Texas. We had dinner on a wednesday night didnt expect it to be so busy. The wait staff are teenagers but they really seem to kick butt waiting on all the tables. But this night was not one of there better nights. Arrived at 6:49 seated really quickly. The booth chair had a huge hole and rip in it. There was some kind of sticky stuff all over the table condiments .. some child had written all over the seat. The carpet is in need of some deep cleaning.
Ordered drinks recieved the drinks in styrofoam cups was told they ran out of glasses..ok.. . I Ordered soup and my friend ordered manicotti garlic bread with cheese. Manicotti was great but I did not recieve my soup for an hour. The soup Pasta Rigiloi was extremely bland( olive gardens is better) Sent soup back , was asked if I would like to order something else but since my friend was already done eating I declined. We never recieved our bread was told in oven but we were already done. For most of the night there was no manager in site. Then when he did show up he was not on floor.
In closing this place has always had fabulous food.( Manicotti was great) but its seems they need more wait staff for this crazy busy place. Great for families.But not great if your looking for a quiet dinner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
texas
“Great Family Resturant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Order out, spicy meatballs, great pizza, chicken picatta is yummy. Not fancy, but great service. Kid. Friendly.

Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“There's a reason the place is busy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We hit the place on a weekend night after the dinner rush and the place was a little dirty and appeared they didn't have the manpower to handle it. We were treated very well and the Lasagne was better than I've had in years! If you like Olive Garden lasagne, you don't know lasagne until Mario's...WOW good. I did like it! Hard to be or come close to mom, but they made a good za...

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Red Deer, Canada
“Great pizza for a hotel delivery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Hotel desk recommended this when I didn't want to go out to eat. It took half the time to get to my room than they told me when I ordered. Lovely pizza and tasty crust. Obviously cooked in a high temperature pizza oven. Great comfort food great quality and great value. Thanks.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Long time establishment, not good food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Villa Capri has been in the area for several years. Family owned and operated. The interior decor is a bit dated and needs some updating. The outside is ok but definitely has a nice view of Clear Lake. The food is very mediocre and high priced for what you get. If you want great Italian find a different restaurant. If you want a glass of wine or cocktail on the lake this is a good place to stop.