“Great Comfort in Seabrook” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Georgetown, Texas
“Great Comfort in Seabrook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My 2 children checked in late on 7/24/14 after a day at Moody Gardens. The young woman at the front desk was so sweet and pleasant to us. She offered to upgrade our room at no additional charge. When we got to Room 305, the room was hot as the cleaning staff failed to leave the air conditioner on. I contacted her and she immediately had us moved to the second floor, room 203. It was nice and cool. She offered to help us move all of our belongings. The room was clean and updated. The bathroom was in great condition, plenty of white towels, shampoo and soaps. All of it exceeded my expectations. The beds were comfortable and we slept soundly. Breakfast was sausage links, scrambled eggs, 4 varieties of cold cereal, hot cereal, waffles, breads, coffee, tea, pasty and fruit. The pool looked great although we didn't use it. Most importantly is that the parking area is well lit. Overall, I had a great experience there and highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Since our first room was not cooled upon arrival, I would recommend calling ahead to ensure that the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Port Barre
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

First of all, the lady that checked us in barely said hello to us much less anything else. She never once smiled, never said thank you, not even have a nice stay or anything! The hotel is supposed to be 100% smoke free, but we stayed in room 315 and it smelled of smoke horribly! We didn't have any sheets or blankets for the sleeper sofa nor did we have any wash cloths. My husband went downstairs to ask for some and the guy at the counter said they were out...how can a hotel run out of sheets, blankets, and wash cloths all at the same time? And the parking lot was empty...so I know they didn't run out because they were busy! I went downstairs and argued with the man until he finally said there may be some in the laundry. He got up to look and came back with some! I was thankful that he gave us what we needed but it's a shame that my husband and I had to both ask...and I even had to argue with him to get him to even go look for some! Before leaving for the Boardwalk, I tried to look up my wallet in the safe but it didn't work. Thankfully we only stayed one night here! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family and I decided to go to beach and searched for a deal for a group of thirteen. After searching all around the area we settled on the Comfort Suites. We arrived in the area a hour before check in and we called ahead to to make to see if it was possible to check in early and the young lady from the front desk said come on in the rooms were ready. The front desk was very helpful in getting our group settled into the rooms. she was able to answer all our question and even gave us coupons for the Kema boardwalk if we were going to take part in the festival. The hotel rooms were your standard rooms with two queen beds the rooms look as if they need a bit of updating and the room my family stayed had the smoke detector detached and hanging from the ceiling so i"m sure it wasn't operational. The only thing that was bad about the room occurred with my sister in law, she had a large water bug crawl up her arm while she was in her room , needless to say we were able to remove the bug from the room and didn't see any site of any other bugs from then on. The breakfast bar was your standard breakfast bar with eggs sausage and fruit, waffle maker and toast and juice. The location was 30 minutes from Galveston Island and 5 minutes from Kema Boardwalk. Overall the hotel is great for location and if you not looking to spend a lot on a hotel then this was a good place to stay. Great staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a nice hotel, located very close to the Kemah Boardwalk. The rooms are nice. Due to where the hotel is located, there really is no scenic view, but you can walk a couple of blocks and are on the water's edge. I stayed in room 308. We had a king suite and sofa bed. The sofa bed was perfect for my 14 year old nephew, who is almost six feet tall. Linens for the sofa bed are available at the front desk. The staff was extremely nice, professional, and helpful. The only complaint that I have, is that not all breakfast items are replenished when they run out. Pastries, fruit, and yougurt, were not replenished, forcing you to eat a heavier breakfast. If waffles, sausage, and eggs are your thing, then you won't have a problem. These items were replenished.

Room Tip: If you want to get downstairs quickly, I would recommend staying in room 206. It is at end of the st...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night. It served it's purpose. It isn't a 4-5 Star Hotel and all I needed to do was have a decent nights sleep and I accomplished that. The biggest issue was "INTERNET" I couldn't get it to work in my room (3rd floor) and I don't think it worked well inside other rooms either, as I was checking in the attendant was on the phone with a guest who was complaining about the Internet service but when I went downstairs to the lobby area it worked fine, also as you walk through the hallway...you can hear EVERYTHING that is happening inside the room. So if you are a loud talker or Screamer keep that in mind. Lastly in my room the toilet started to run a bit, I just shook the handle and it stopped. The breakfast is average but it's free, and parking too so that's a perk and all the hotel staff I encountered were very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Corning, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here the night before we went on a cruise. When we arrived in the evening, I was concerned that there was not much in the way of food within walking distance (we had no car as we flew in from California and took a shuttle to the hotel), BUT...and I have never had this type of service before.....this hotel has a shuttle and driver that lives to please on the weekends. He drove us to dinner, and picked us up. He took another couple to CVS, out for fast food, and waited for them, all the while smiling and happy. This alone would have made me like the place, but I also slept soundly with a comfy bed and pillows. The room was clean and very nice with a small sitting area. We missed breakfast, but they did not have a set checkout time if you were going on a cruise, so that was nice since we did not have to be at the port until 2pm. They also provide a shuttle to the port (less than 5 minutes away).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tonawanda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Day ahead of cruise date overnight was comfortable, clean, average breakfast.
This location is not the closest to Bayport Pier for cruise departure, however a good choice.
Drawback, cab service from IAH (Hobby) a 25 minute ride, cost $50, nearest restaurant in nearby attraction park Lighthouse buffet, Landry's, Bubba shrimp good. However cab service is poor, waited 45 minutes for cab back to motel, and cab to port next day not reliable.
Motel Mgr. Jeff Momin took us to port graciously. Suggested he form shuttle service to port 10-15 minutes away. Bayport pier not a good location as ships channel takes about three hours to navigate once underway (told), and subject to fog, and commerical vessel traffic.
Galveston used by several cruise lines advised is bigger and more accomodating.
Would consider Galveston if Texas cruise chosen. Also month long Rodeo in progress in March, happpered cab availbility. Cabs at port on disembarktion plentful, cost $75 to IAH (Hobby).

Room Tip: Rooms typical, pool availble.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Seabrook? Share your experiences!