“Cute local vineyard” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Haak Vineyard and Winery, Inc.

Haak Vineyard and Winery, Inc.
6310 Avenue T, Santa Fe, TX 77510
Missouri City, Texas, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Cute local vineyard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Another Christmas present with a Groupon - this one I bought for my mom. It's a cute little local vineyard & they got all decked out for the holidays. They have a nice little tour though there's not really a whole lot to see, you do go out to the vines & down to the cellars, and of course, wine tasting.

Now, I admit - I'm not a wine drinker personally so I can't state much opinion myself...but dad didn't really think much of their wines. Probably wouldn't go again, but it was a nice little outing for the one visit.

Visited December 2011

West Yorkshire
87 attraction reviews
“Place and staff great, tour not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Lovely building and grounds, staff friendly and we ended up with a member of staff doing the wine talk to just our little group as there wasn't enough space around the main counter. She seemed friendly and knowledgeable and all the wines were enjoyable. As it was out of season, the tour wasn't particularly interesting as the equipment wasn't working but as it is only a few dollars then it's something different if it's on your route. Something a little bit different to do on our way down to Galveston.

Visited April 2012
Houston
3 attraction reviews
“Owners are Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were given a tour as most winery tours go. But after the tour the owner gave us a lesson in growing grapes and showed us how to prune the vines. We pruned vines for about a half hour. We were cheap labor but it was a lot of fun. We were able to take home the vines to plant ourselves. He gave us all the info we need to make them grow...

Visited March 2012
Houston
43 attraction reviews
“Read Carefully”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I say read carefully, because I only rated as "average" (nothing special nor a disappointment) as compared to your average city attraction or winery. For this area - I feel like Haak Winery is a fantastic place to visit. In comparison to your average attraction - maybe nothing spectacular, but in the near vicinity there are few if any nicer little attractions to visit in my opinion. I've driven out twice & really enjoyed both visits. Staff was actually very nice to me both times, I see other reviews didn't have as positive an experience. I liked the wine just fine - none being my favorite, but I didn't dislike it either. It was more the experience and the charm of the building/grounds etc that I enjoyed so much. Short but fun little tour which I found plenty interesting...and just a nice relaxing time! I would go back again & have no doubt that I will.

Visited February 2012
Texas
“The Blanc du Bois Madeira is worth the drive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Unlike other reviewers, I found the staff to be very welcoming. There was a wedding that day, so tours weren't being offered. This was noted on their webpage, so we knew this before going which demonstrates great customer service! We sampled 8 wines in all and were happily surprised by the selection and especially the unique "white" madeira. If you enjoy visiting wineries, I would definitely recommend going here!

Visited March 2012