“Health Hazard! Never Again!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in San Marcos
Houston
“Health Hazard! Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We selected this hotel (3 rooms) because our friends wanted to bring their dog.
This hotel was a health hazard! Not only should the Health Dept look into this place, but the Fire Marshal's Office too. Every electric outlet in the place was shot & looked burned. You touch the lamp or hair dryer plug & it fell out.
The pool water was green.
The beds were wore out. My wife & I rolled toward the center of the matress.
The door had a spring that was so tight that after you fought it open & got in the room, the door would slam shut so hard it seemed the glass was going to shatter & the noise was loud.
The mini refrigerator was a maybe. Maybe you got one, maybe you didn't. I was told I should have called ahead to reserve one, as they're often stolen. If that doesn't tell you something.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Got to the room pulled back the sheets and all you could smell was body odor. I went to the front desk told her I needed all new sheets and pillow cases, she brings me 3 pillow cases and one flat sheet. No fitted sheet, no thermal sheet. Bathroom faucet handle is sticky, the couch in the room at one time was a striped beige color now its black in places. I have dog there are no other hotels avail to take me tonight, so Im sleeping in my truck!

• Stayed July 2013
AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We drove in late this was just a quick stop over to sleep and arrive in San Antonio early next morning. The front desk staff were friendly. I didn't expect the very best for the price we paid $69.00 plus tax, but I did expect a cleaner room and air conditioning that would cool the room down not just blow air. The bathroom was clean but the carpet was really dirty looking and comforter didn't look very clean. I do always travel with my own pillow and extra sheet came in handy this time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bangs Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place seemed good at first. We looked at reviews when we got there and we were like wow a bit dramatic? I feel like this hotel is against health code regulations if they even have those! lol. The towels had hair all over them and stains. The restroom seemed to be clean. The floor was unvaccumed which wasn't a big deal. The blankets are old and gross. The sheets have hair all over them also have stains all over them!! Thank God the pillows don't have hair or stains on them. I'm laying in the hotel bed right now and i'm just extremely grossed out and want to get out! there is no noise like everyone has said and its Saturday night.

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms are best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kihei, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The only thing good about this place was them letting us cancel our 2nd night stay for only $25! Everything was dirty, the location is sketchy, and the noise level from the trains passing by every half hour in the middle of the night was unbearable. The noise from these trains was like something you'd see in a comedy. In fact, it reminded me of Elwood's place in "Blues Brothers." I couldn't believe that you'd even be allowed to zone for hotels in an area with that much noise. I finally slept from about 6:00-7:00 am due to pure exhaustion after the trains stopped rolling through as frequently in the morning.

But let's back up. Before I ever even heard the first train I was disgusted with this place. The mildew and whatever else was in the air had me nearly dry heaving as soon as we opened the door. And after we shut the door behind us, it was apparent that we were going to hear every noise from outside. No sound proofing attempts at all. The curtains didn't fit closely enough against the walls/windows so the bright walkway lights came right into the room. The fridge was making a grinding noise in the room and the shower head is so low, it took ballerina-like finesse to wash the soap out of my hair without crashing to the dirty floor in a slippery mess. The top bed sheet on one of the beds had two large brown stains on it. So that got peeled off before attempting to sleep here. And we also got the room (although I'm sure there's more than one at this place) that had the intermittent A/C unit like other people have mentioned.

It's like they're running an experiment at this place: how uncomfortable do people have to be before they can no longer sleep? Lol. Please, please do not stay here or anywhere along this strip of frontage road if you are any sort of normal human being who

Room Tip: Please don't stay here or anywhere along this stretch of frontage road. Sketchy location, filthy...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Independence, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked through Priceline for one night. This is the worst room we have EVER encountered in all of our travels. The lobby was dirty and that should have told us not to stay but we gave them the benefit of the doubt. We booked two rooms as our kids were traveling with us. The rooms were awful and dirty. There were bugs everywhere including cockroaches. The beds and furniture looked like they had gotten from the dump, we wouldn't even sit on them. The beds had dirty linens with hair all over the sheets. The towels were dingy, looking like they cleaned the floor with them. The room next to the kids were having a drug party. The one next to ours a couple came out and looked as if she was a prostitute. There was only about three cars in the whole parking and it really looked like it was only a prostitute and drug place. We actually feared for our lives. We immediately went right back to the lobby and told them we were not staying. They asked if the room was not clean and we said no. The manager said we would not be charged and acted like he was not surprised we were leaving. We had to go find another and luckily found one. As soon as we got settled in there, I called Priceline to let them know and Priceline would not do anything. After pushing the issue they finally took off one room but said they called Rodeway and they told them that we just left early and they could do no more. We left because it was not safe and the most filthy place I had ever seen. When we left there was another hotel just down the street but the cops were there so we surmised that the area was not good. I would skip this area all together. Our overall experience was awfull with Rodeway and Priceline. We did not use the name your price either. Would really reconsider using Priceline again. The pictures above aren't even close to what it really is like. My advise is to use a more well known chain. Do not ever stay here!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here EVER!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

5 minutes in the room, we discovered ants crawling all over the sheets on one bed, and rat droppings under the pillow of the second bed. We turned right around and demanded a refund, and couldn't get away fast enough

Room Tip: We went down the street and stayed at La Quinta. That stay was pleasurable
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!