“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in San Marcos
Denver, Colorado
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I went online and found the Econolodge in San Marcos for about 55 dollars a night...including tax. I booked online because of online promotion
When I got to the motel I checking in The guy on the reception looked friendly Ask for a ground floor if you have lots of luggage. No elevator. Room was comfortable, and we enjoyed the continental breakfast the following morning. The pool was nice as well. We would highly recommend this hotel OK. I was on a business trip
I went out for dinner and found a lot of nice restaurants within a miles distance.
The room sparce but neat, clean and adequate. The bathroom was clean and looked recently remodled. Good fast internet...included
There were lots of other guest staying there so looks like I made the right choice. Plenty of free parking Krispy Kreme is just next door for Breakfast ....
I'd stay there again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Booked this room on Travelocity when we arrived at the Hotel they only had smoking rooms avalible unless we wanted to pay $140 a night for another room. That was absurd this place was shabby at best. The lady at the front desk could not help with anything with out her manager and he would be in for 4-5 hours. We ended up having to get another hotel and and then they called back at 9:30-10:00 that night to offer us the smoke free room( 6 hours later) then they denied the refund on the room because they said the had a room avalible.
I am glad we ended up not staying that place was dirty and had some questionable people hanging around. there was a guy outside blaring music and working on his car and people outside around the pool drinking and cussing loudly. This is one of those hotels that people live in.

Room Tip: Pick another Hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I'd stay there again

• Stayed November 2013
Charlotte, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is okay. No mini coffee maker in the rooms. But the rooms are clean staff very friendly. I would say it's a nice hotel.
Check-in was very easy and quick. The hotel staff was amazing. There were a couple of things I asked for and, and I got them very quickly. I even asked for a late checkout, and was able to get that with no problem as well. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and I found the bathroom to be on par as other bathrooms in any other hotel chain. I felt very safe here and was not worried about anything hotel that is for a night or a few.

There are alot people can say that is wrong just want to be honest. Don't go in thinking your getting top of the line because your not paying for it. I will go back would like to see breakfast improved on my next stay with u. Nice people there tell my family and friends. Management please get the breakfast and would like to see that in my next trip thanks
I LOVE the location of this hotel as it was very easy to find. There are plenty of places to eat that are near the hotel. For the most part, it was quiet. There were kids playing outside one night, which I found to be okay. I enjoyed watching them play for a little while. If I wasn't sick, I probably would have joined them because they were having so much fun.

Thanks to the staff for making my stay so a pleasure

• Stayed October 2013
essex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The location of the hotel was excellent and it had good wifi, but that's about all I can really say, hotel in need of a big cash injection to get up to an average standard. Don't bother with the so called breakfast, walk over to the Shel petrol station instead!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and the dog stayed here for one night.
We got a clean room which smell fresh and the linens were crisp and clean.
It looked like it was recently renovated. No frills but it was just what we needed.
Very clean room real relaxing for a good price. Paid $47 if i remember correctly, with commercial drivers discount.
Friendly staff comfortable nights sleep. Has buisiness desk with lamp. I had my laptop setup. The hotel has wireless which worked great.
Must try Pluckers if you have never had it. Pretty good wings and just next door!

• Stayed September 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Room looked clean until I hit the shower. It was dirty and so were the towels. Took my shoes off only to put the back on because the carpet was so dirty. I tried the remote control and the main buttons did not work. I tried the microwave and it did not work neither. I talked to the guy at the office and he told he was going to send someone to look at it, he never did. I asked him if I could use the one in the office, but he told me it did not work either. Such a bad service and to costly for what they have to offer. The only good thing about it is its location.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!