“Love it!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
San Marcos, Texas
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have been here twice recently, once for breakfast and once for lunch. I loved it both times. Food presentation is wonderful. Their food is fresh and clean. I love the dark feeling atmosphere, it feels very secluded and romantic. It is delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Magnolia
“good !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

A friend told us to go there that it was good ! And indeed it was !! Even the kids meal was homemade mac and cheese. I will definately go there again !

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“1 step above fast food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

I think Jan F. said it best her review in December.  This place has good reviews because there is nothing else in the area to compare to or compete with.

The food rates 1 step above fast food.  It is a good lunch cafe, but don't expect much more than that.

The issue I have with It's high ratings is that since the ratings are over inflated, Interstate travelers passing through are being tricked into exiting the interstate expecting a 4 star meal.

Interstate drivers...keep driving North to Austin or South to San Antonio if your searching for an above average meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hewitt
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We went on Sunday morning for brunch. The restaurant was busy, but not overly crowded when we arrived. We were seated under an a/c unit, and the hostess said to let her know if it was too cold. I let her know that it was and she attempted to adjust the louvers, which oscillate, so it didn't change anything. I moved to another chair at our table but that didn't help much either. We placed our order and waited forever. I have never waited that long for breakfast before. Our food arrived cold. I ordered eggs florentine and it just isn't decent when its cold so I asked the server to microwave it a little. That was a mistake because when it came back it was warm, but the hollandaise sauce was curdled and the eggs were no longer runny. Our server apologized when he returned the dish, but that was all - no offer for anything else. I expect much better for a $10 breakfast dish. My husband said his food was only luke warm, but he ate it anyway. I would not go back.

Visited January 2011
Austin, Texas
“Best lunch in San Marcos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

My daughter and I had very quite tasty lunches at very reasonable prices at this bistro which outshines many more expensive meals we've had. The holy aoli chicken sandwich was wonderful for garlic lovers of every age and persuasion, with a beautiful balance of chicken, veggies and sauce on delicious ciabatta. The garlic mashed potatoes originally served had suffered from standing out too long, but the waiter brought me fresh ones, and the garlic shone again. (Had to add a little salt, but tastes differ.) My daughter had the hearty frittata, which was very generous, tasty, and served with nicely grilled tomatoes (again, a little salt was called for) and choice of toasted breads.

The waiters were great, and I just regret that I was driving and unable to try the results of the brewery.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere