“Not for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in San Marcos
mesquite, United States
“Not for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have read other reviews before I chose this hotel, HBO didn't work (guess I got the same room as that review), bathroom ok just a few hairs on the floor and bathtub. Parking lot was full on arrival asked was there more parking else where, clerk didn't answer for a good 5 minutes, and then said he no, he didn't know what to say that he was trying to figure out what to do with trailers that someone just unhooked and left in parking spots. I was on my own to find a spot. Lucky for me there was one. Others weren't and had to park in the drive thru areas because nothing was done about the trailers. Stay was okay but not for the amount I paid.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Joann,

Thank you for taking time to write and share your experience about your stay with us. We are extremely sorry for not meeting your expectation and we will definitely take your feedback and improve on our services in future.

Once again thank you for staying with us and hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sugar Land, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very friendly staff - very close to shopping and tubing - would highly recommend for the price. The breakfast is adequate - could use some work. The pool is very small - but comfortable to relax after a long day of moving your college student into their first apartment. Very close to Texas Roadhouse - Enjoyed a very nice meal!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Karen K,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. We are very pleased to make your stay comfortable and memorable - which is always our goal. Your feedback definitely helps us to improve and we really appreciate it.

Please do not hesistate to contact us directly if you need anything for your future visits.
Looking forward to seeing you!

Mike Patel
Corpus Christi, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels, and I am not hard to please. As far as the room it's ok the beds and pillows I found to be hard. The room was bare but did offer a fridge and microwave. The bathroom is small. They offer breakfast but not much selection nothing like BW I've stayed at in the past. They have a pool, no business center but they do have a computer in the lobby are for email checking only. Then what left a bad taste in my mouth because we stay at hotels all the time I've NEVER paid for copies. If you wanted to print something it was 0.50!!!!! I had to print our Schlitterbahn tickets it was $5.00, and when they printed out you could hardly read it bc they are out of ink I told the lady I think you should charge me 0.25 since you can barely see the ink. She still charges me, and we are Platinum Reward Members that's a lot of $ being spent at BW to reach that status. Next time I will go else where to a more customer friendly hotel that's is not worried about every nickel and dime they can out of you. Even in your bathroom of the hotel room they have a list of charges should you take a towel, hand towel, pillow ext. Who does that?!?! Never again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear carmickleklan,

Thank you very much for taking time to write and share your experince about your stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, we could not meet your expectation, which is always our goal - superior customer service and we strive to make it happen.
As far as, charging for copies - we often waive copies fee upon request but normally when guests have lot to print we do charge. Our signs in bathroom is for guests who wants to buy our products. We have many guests who come to the desk and asks if they can buy our pillows or sheets or towels etc. that's why we have put up that sign to let our guests know that they can buy if they want to.
However, hope we will get another chance to serve you in future. Please get in touch with me directly so I can assist you with any concerns you may have.

Mike Patel
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Cheaper than New Braunfels area! It was the perfect place for our family for a weekend trip! Nice staff, clean room, comfy bed that you do not expect from a small hotel, good breakfast and overall great place. We would stay here again! Oh and the pool stays open till 11:00pm. Most close at 10:00. **It is located at the end of the building and there was no noise heard:)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Brandie,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience. Our goal is to create a memorable stay for our guest and we are able to do so with you. Thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you again.
Forney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 ALL slept horribly last night. The bed felt like it was made out of brick and all the pillows were hard and felt like they were about a foot thick. Waste of money; I'll hafta think twice about staying at a B. W. again any time soon.

• Stayed July 2013
Mike P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at our property. We are sorry about your bad experience, we strive to serve our guest with the best of everything, however your experience did not match our goal. Though our bedding and pillows are recently changed and fairly new and we have been getting lot of compliment of how comfortable our beds are but your experience has definitely helped us to look into it. Thank you once again for sharing your experience.
League City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

It was adequate. It seemed clean enough but the hallway smelled weird. We were promptly moved to another room when our first didn't have a good A/C. Breakfast was less than expected. The toaster didnt work but the coffee was decent. My husband's waffle looked fine. Hotel was definitely overpriced at $89-ish.

• Stayed July 2013
Mike P, Owner at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear CheriR,

Thank you so much for choosing our Best Western for your lodging needs. We always strive to be so much more than simply "adequate" and we invite you back to experience the "Wow!" of it all!
Big Spring, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I made my reservation before several of the reviews right before mine were completed. I found the hotel to be very quiet. Yes, the tub dripped but you couldn't hear it unless you were in the bathroom and therefore it wasn't a nuisance. The room was very clean and neat. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was okay they had some hot items-(eggs, make-your-own waffles), toast, bagels, and cereal. We didn't use the pool. It was slightly higher than I expected, but assumed it was due to the location. The staff I had interaction with were friendly and helpful. I stayed there two nights while my daughter took a tour of the Texas State University. I will stay there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear janet79720,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review! It is a pleasure to know that we met your lodging needs and provided you with a clean, comfortable room.

Always keep us in mind when you are visiting your daughter while she is away at college!

Been to BEST WESTERN San Marcos? Share your experiences!