“Race weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in San Marcos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denton, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

When it comes to hotel rooms, it doesn't take a lot to keep me happy. I just want a nice, clean room, with a comfortable bed, and make sure it's quiet ( I don't wanna hear banging around in next-door rooms or running down the hallway late-night, esp. since I am a light-sleeper.) I didn't expect much out of a Best Western, but I actually had a pretty good time here. They have a decent TV with HBO, and a "clean remote" feature which is nice where they point out that they clean the remote, and prop it up in this little box. A large fridge and small microwave. The breakfast was pretty basic, but that doesn't matter to me a whole lot, esp. since this is a smaller hotel. If you are like me, and don't ask for a whole lot out of their stay, I would say, this is a good bet. The one thing is the parking lot is pretty small and you might have to park next door at the abandoned KFC. I had a fun time here, and staff was friendly. Def. would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room right next to the entrance which wasn't really that bad, very convenient.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Leigh44427, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Matthew S!

It was wonderful to see that your stay was such a positive experience! That is our goal, every day, for each and every one of our guests!

It will be a pleasure to serve you again in the future!

Angleton, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Room was so clean and fresh (no more citrus smell) that I asked if the room had been remodeled (not yet, but soon), bed didn't hurt wife's back, TV was big, staff was friendly, and they figured out how to cook eggs for breakfast, had a really great stay...

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike M,

Thank you so much for your review! It is vital to our success to get feedback from our guests. You are the key to our constant improvement!

WEATHERFORD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here during the TGWA Conference in San Marcos. The rooms were good, with a flat screen television. There was a nice breakfast in the morning and all in all it was quiet (except one morning when someone was yelling outside our room, but that's not the hotels fault). Nothing I can think of to complain about.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Good Afternoon Danny M!

We appreciate your taking time from your busy schedule to review our hotel. It is very important to gather the opinions of our guests and use that information to constantly improve our product and service.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future!

hudson iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Charged me for two nights because we booked the night before we arrived. That was my mistake, but there was only 6 or 8 rooms taken the night we were there, so I know it caused them no financial harm.

Also, there was some kind of roach in the bathroom that could have been saddled and ridden around the room. I swatted him with a towel, but he got away. Will never stay there again. Don't like to be taken advantage of.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
North Richland Hills, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights recently and had a nice experience. The best thing of all was the staff. Everyone was very nice and seemed to work hard at keeping everyone happy. The room itself (room 103) was nice with a king size bed that was very comfortable with a small sofa sleeper. We did not use the sleeper in our room but another group traveling with us tried using theirs and said the springs were sticking out of it so they had to get a roll away bed. The only issue we had was the shower head. When you tried to adjust the angle of the shower head the entire fixture moved, but no big deal. The room was clean with a fridge and microwave.

The breakfast was good, although the area to sit and eat was very small. Whenever they ran out of something a staff member was there refilling it immediately. They had scrambled eggs, sausage, Texas shaped waffles, cereal, fruit, pasteries, and yougurt. Not bad.....

The parking lot is extremely small and I'm not sure how they can fit all the cars in it if the hotel is full. We had no problem as the hotel wasn't full but it is small.

All in all it was a nice hotel with easy access onto 35. We will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Since they do not have an elevator I would recommend one of the first floor on the back side (odd nu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night after shopping at the Outlets and we had a good experience.

The room was large and clean, not very clean but ok. We would suggest, that they could invest in some updating at this place, especially they should have an elevator for the second floor.

We stayed at the backside of the Motel, hoping, it would be quieter. There was not much interstate noise to hear, but some stupid barking dogs from some neighborhood yards. As a business owner, I would talk to these people to find a solution for that, since this is disrupting many good sleeps at this motel. Other than that, we liked the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN San Marcos? Share your experiences!