“Great place to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 200 Restaurants in San Marcos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Weslaco, Texas
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The pecan-crusted chicken is wonderful. The wait can be long but the staff is efficient and used to handling crowds.

Visited September 2013

Houston, Tx.
“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were seated next to a group of 11. The group was loud. The place was empty. Why set us next to big group took 20 minutes just to get our salad. The rest was down hill from there. Just don't go there period!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Marcos, Texas
“sensational dinner with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very enjoyable dinner was had by 12 of us. Not one complaint. One of us ordered a steak and it was perfectly cooked and flavored. I had the seafood special of the Mahi Mahi and enjoyed every bite. The sauces was perfect for the fish. What I loved the most were the attentive and knowledgeable staff. Randall and our other server made sure no glass was empty and made suggestions on wine that complimented each dish. Not a single miss. It was a birthday celebration for my husband and they came out with the most decadent carrot cake I have seen. Great evening, great food, great atmosphere, and spectacular service which for me is the most important.

Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“My San Marcos favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

When I visit my Texas State student, we almost always have dinner at Palmer's. The food and drinks are great, and we especially enjoy the patio. My only complaint is the service, which is usually slow, from beginning to end. A great place to unwind. Just don't be in a hurry.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Unadilla, New York
“Great food- terrible service in the bar area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food is very good don't get me wrong- the service we received was way off mark. I would suggest asking to be seated in their garden area or the regular dining room and not the bar area. The bar tender Sean F who was also waiting tables should stick to bar tending and schmoozing customers who would appreciate his over the top antics. I just feel that when a conversation is going on and a waiter or waitress approaches, they should not get involved in the conversation. It seemed that Sean was more concerned trying to impress my 13 year old daughter who looks much older. When my daughter asks to leave because "he is creeping me out" I should have listened and asked for another server. The Manager was outstanding when I inquired about a local sausage that was on the menu and he actually went above and beyond to get me the suppliers website info- that was great service.

• Visited August 2013