“Poor customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in San Marcos
Houston, Texas
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I made a 2 night reservation at the beginning of August for a 2 night stay at this hotel for the 9/27/13 weekend. My husband & I are are going to visit our granddaughter who is attending Texas State University and also attend the football game. I changed the reservation yesterday, 9/22, to arrive on Saturday instead of Friday, so we will only be staying one night. Imagine my surprise when I received a call this morning from the hotel telling me they did not have a room for me. I was told that they are booked and are accomodating their existing guests, it is a busy weekend. Interesting that if I had come in on Friday they would have been able to accomodate us on Saturday. I was speechless since all the hotels in San Marcos are now sold out. The hotel representative offered to make a reservation for us in New Braunfels at the Candlewood Suites which is 20 minutes away, and not even for the type room we requested. Since it seems to be our only option at this point and we have had this weekend planned for a couple months, we are going to have to stay in New Braunfels. However, we will never book again with Candlewood Suites. What a great first impression, right!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
amandawilkscws, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear NinNin2013,
Thank you for your comments regarding your pre-stay. We were very sorry to have to call guest and inform them that we would not be able to accommodate their reservations. But, at the same time we were trying to be proactive in our approach.

We felt that by informing guest prior and moving them to another hotel with them knowing it would be much better than them arriving only to find out that we are walking them to another hotel. Which at that point the different hotel could have been a farther distance from the New Braunfels hotel.

Thank you again!
Mike V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Levelland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Me and my dog were treated like royalty. I had all the amenities of being at home. I loved the little kitchen. Very comfortable room and the cupboard was great to pick up snacks when I ran out of groceries. I also enjoyed checking out games to play in free time. I would definitely stay there again. It was absolutely five star I wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear JimAnn B,

What a spectacular Review! Your review covers all about us... the extended stay brand that makes you feel at home, even for your four-legged friends! Hahaha! Thank you for the taking the time to comment on your time with us. Next time your headed to San Marcos, let us know! We'll make sure we have a treat waiting for the furry one ;) Safe travels!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Employees were really friendly & nice. My husband & I were suppose to check in on Saturday but got my days mixed up & the gentleman at the front with no problem approved us to check in on Friday! Rooms were spacious & clean. If I needed to stay at this hotel again I definitely would, & oh yeah you couldn't hear any train station or noise from the highway! Awsome hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear StephieeLeandra,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed it and that our staff was accommodating! We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Safe travels and continue enjoying the IHG and Candlewood Suites Brand!

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed overnight due to an event in town and didn't want to drive home. I found the suite to be spacious and clean. The bed was very comfy. I read that others complained about the train horn. Yes, I heard it but it didn't "Wake" me up. Never heard the elevator ding dong either. Slept very peacefully. Pillows were comfortable too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Funkikker!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed it and look forward to your return! Safe travels till then!

Eagle Pass, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Overall this was an average hotel. The beds were semi comfortable but the pillows were extremely hard. The customer service was satisfactory. The parking lot was kind of dark. Many lights were either off or not working. This could be a safety issue.

Room Tip: Select room facing parking lot so you can view your car.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Ron R.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. The lights in the parking lot have been recently fixed as we acknowledged the safety issue it could present. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our staff and look forward to your next visit. Let us know next time you're coming into town and we'll place some feather pillows in your room. Safe travels till then!

Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family wanted to shop at the Outlet Mall in San Marcos and we were glad to find the Candlewood Suites in San Marcos. It's a relatively new hotel and we found this hotel very clean and comfortable - even has a pool. The staff was awesome and super helpful. We would definitely recommend this to our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear ColdStar,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience and staff was stellar! Let us know next time you're in town and continue enjoying the Candlewood Suites and IHG Brand! Safe travels!

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed in this facility on numerous occasions when traveling to the area for work. It is clean comfortable and has all the amenities I need when I have to be away from home for a week or more. If your job requires you to be away from home for any length of time, I highly recommend this facility. The customer service is exceptional, the rooms are clean and the building is located close to everything. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you need a place to stay for more than one night. This is the right place.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Big_Country_Dave,

Thank you for your review! We love to hear when guests truly enjoy their experience with us and overjoyed to know we provided you with exceptional service! Let us know next time you're headed to the area and continue to enjoy the IHG Brand hotels! Till then, safe travels!

- Amanda W., DOS

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!