“It is wonderful, just like being at home!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in San Marcos
Levelland, Texas
“It is wonderful, just like being at home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Me and my dog were treated like royalty. I had all the amenities of being at home. I loved the little kitchen. Very comfortable room and the cupboard was great to pick up snacks when I ran out of groceries. I also enjoyed checking out games to play in free time. I would definitely stay there again. It was absolutely five star I wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear JimAnn B,

What a spectacular Review! Your review covers all about us... the extended stay brand that makes you feel at home, even for your four-legged friends! Hahaha! Thank you for the taking the time to comment on your time with us. Next time your headed to San Marcos, let us know! We'll make sure we have a treat waiting for the furry one ;) Safe travels!

- Amanda W., DOS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Employees were really friendly & nice. My husband & I were suppose to check in on Saturday but got my days mixed up & the gentleman at the front with no problem approved us to check in on Friday! Rooms were spacious & clean. If I needed to stay at this hotel again I definitely would, & oh yeah you couldn't hear any train station or noise from the highway! Awsome hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear StephieeLeandra,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed it and that our staff was accommodating! We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Safe travels and continue enjoying the IHG and Candlewood Suites Brand!

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed overnight due to an event in town and didn't want to drive home. I found the suite to be spacious and clean. The bed was very comfy. I read that others complained about the train horn. Yes, I heard it but it didn't "Wake" me up. Never heard the elevator ding dong either. Slept very peacefully. Pillows were comfortable too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Funkikker!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed it and look forward to your return! Safe travels till then!

Eagle Pass, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Overall this was an average hotel. The beds were semi comfortable but the pillows were extremely hard. The customer service was satisfactory. The parking lot was kind of dark. Many lights were either off or not working. This could be a safety issue.

Room Tip: Select room facing parking lot so you can view your car.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Ron R.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. The lights in the parking lot have been recently fixed as we acknowledged the safety issue it could present. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our staff and look forward to your next visit. Let us know next time you're coming into town and we'll place some feather pillows in your room. Safe travels till then!

Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family wanted to shop at the Outlet Mall in San Marcos and we were glad to find the Candlewood Suites in San Marcos. It's a relatively new hotel and we found this hotel very clean and comfortable - even has a pool. The staff was awesome and super helpful. We would definitely recommend this to our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear ColdStar,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience and staff was stellar! Let us know next time you're in town and continue enjoying the Candlewood Suites and IHG Brand! Safe travels!

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed in this facility on numerous occasions when traveling to the area for work. It is clean comfortable and has all the amenities I need when I have to be away from home for a week or more. If your job requires you to be away from home for any length of time, I highly recommend this facility. The customer service is exceptional, the rooms are clean and the building is located close to everything. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you need a place to stay for more than one night. This is the right place.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
amandawilkscws, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Big_Country_Dave,

Thank you for your review! We love to hear when guests truly enjoy their experience with us and overjoyed to know we provided you with exceptional service! Let us know next time you're headed to the area and continue to enjoy the IHG Brand hotels! Till then, safe travels!

Burley, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at many Candlewood's in the better South Region of the Untied States with my job, and this has been the best experience I've had in years with the brand. The front desk was phenomenal handling my payment snafu (the company always pays, but forgot to send the payment this time) and took every measure to see to it I knew the way to my room and all the fresh amenities they had to offer. I knew about all the standard things like laundry and housekeeping yada yada yada, but they had a pool! Many of the Candlewood's I've stayed at don't have them, and salt water?! Wise idea Candlewood! And I'd never seen a Lending Locker, what a GREAT concept on that one. I traveled here on business this time, but next, I'm bringing the other half and kiddos here for my vacation. Besides, I'd rather us cook our own breakfast than have powdered eggs and limp (what we think might be) bacon and dry waffles. Oh! And housekeeping was exceptional! - The train, yeah its loud, but request a room on the other side of the hotel facing the highway and this will eliminate the problem. I just moved rooms, and they were happy to move me! The girl at the desk said they also provide earplugs. The manager explained they are trying to get the city to set the crossing up for a silence zone. Any petitions going? I bet many would sign, including myself! This hotel was a refreshing surprise and not only to Candlewood brand but to San Marcos. Great job guys!

Room Tip: Rooms facing highway are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cody M,

Thank you from all of us here at Candlewood Suites San Marcos! We greatly appreciate your kind words and lengthy review on our property, especially coming form an extended stay guest! We look forward to you bringing the family on your next visit. Give us a call to book the reservation and we'll be sure you're facing the highway on the 4th floor! Safe travels till then!

- Amanda W., DOS

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!