“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 27 hotels in San Marcos
Beaumont, Texas
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The rooms were disgusting. I don't know how this place has not been shut down by the health department. Arrived at about 7:00pm and paid the front desk for the rooms (4), then went and looked at the rooms. All 4 smelled awful. One had what appeared to be blood stains on the floor and other stains on the walls and in the bathroom. The beds looked and felt like they were about 20 years old. What made the whole thing worse is the manager at the front. When we told her we were not staying she said that there was no refund, and was not helpful at all about getting our money back. We originally booked through Priceline.com and they said they could not do anything about it either. I have never had someone at the front desk of a hotel who was less helpful and hospitable as the lady there. DO NOT stay at this hotel, it is a dump and a rip off.

Room Tip: Pick a room at a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kerrville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

They stole my money. Paid on the spot, no reservation for a week, rooms were totally not acceptable and staff was rude. Did not stay ONE night yet they refused to credit my card! Paid for a whole week and used nothing at their hotel but received not one penny as a refund. They claimed they have a 'no refund' policy but it was not stated to me at check-in, nothing is posted anywhere about it and their registration form says nothing about it either. These people are nothing but simple thieves. STAY AWAY from this place!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Conroe, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

spiders in bed faucet fell off when trying to use no fan in bathroom beds hard no padding on them rude owner cancelled next day before 11.00 am told no refund Pease do not book this place. go to howard johnson next door cheaper in price and clean clean .

Room Tip: book next dor howard johnson
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kaleish, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Manager
Cynthia Hernandez
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

The room is dated, the management/owners ambivalent. The air conditioner under performs and is very old. It is not even sufficient to cool the room all the way. The only cool spot is directly in front of the unit, and once you leave the foot or so radius, the rest of the room is humid and hot. This is not a room worth the money, and you get the feeling that no one really cares that its not even a comfortable room. The site said there was complimentary wi-fi, and when I got here I was told there wasn't any. I'm borrowing a distant signal to write this. Several of the bulbs here are not working, and Im not sure how attentive they are to making sure things are covered. There's no dial tone to the phone, and so I have to walk across the complex to the front desk. So I figure with the 4th trip they probably don't like me much. I've been polite, but no one want's to be perceived to be a terminal complainer. The whole experience is disappointing. I guess if I could sum this up, I wish they'd be proactive at offering a great room for the price they charge, instead of me feeling like I need to go there and tell then whats not working. But you have to feel like they have a care about that, rather than your presence there being like being at the receiving end of a 3 card monte where nothing is as you were led to think and then being stuck with your money gone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
I am so very sorry to see that you had less than a perfect experience during your stay, I have looked into all of the issues that you mentioned and have take care of them and will make sure that this does never happen again. I hope that you return so that I may show you the true meaning of Customer Service.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

I stayed there with my girlfreind for an 30 min and we decided to leave to another hotel just so u get an idea of how bad it was first of all the lady is super rude and is dressed in her pijamas ok and then we get the room we walk in and its hotter inside than it is outside so we turn on the a/c and well it blew hot air we changed rooms and the same thing happened then the lady tells me that all the rooms are exactly the same so i tell her " why are u charging me 69.95 for this horrible room then i want a refund" she said they dont give refunds even the i didnt use any rooms so we lefts the next day i passed by and notices that they keep all the doors open during the day yeah so dont go there i stayed at the "Summit" right across the street cheaper and better go there its much better in every aspect.

• Stayed August 2011

McKinney, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

This hotel is not easy to get in and out of from the freeway. When you check in, you are given your tv remote from the front desk. The rooms offer only the bare essentials - bed, shower, tv. The beds are uncomfortable, and in our two rooms not everything worked. One room's a/c was on the fritz - in Texas in July, and one of the lights didn't work and had duct tape over the switch. The other room wasn't as bad, but neither left the impression of being overly clean. If the rooms had not been non-refundable, we would have left and gone to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
I am so very sorry to see that you had less than a perfect experience during your stay. I hope that you return so that I may show you the true meaning of Customer Service.

New Braunfels, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

As others have said the staff is very rude. Way overpriced for the crummy rooms. My friends and I overbooked 2 rooms and the clerk was unwilling to work towards any comprimise. The front office is small and smells terrible. The rooms are small and have basically no amenities. In one of the rooms the smoke detector was ripped out of the ceiling. In another room there was sheetrock on the ground as if a rodent or insect had been burrowing. One of the matresses was stained with blood as if someone had been shot on it. By far the worst hotel I have stayed at and I will never stay here again. This hotel should not even be in business. Stay elsewhere!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't get a room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
I am so very sorry that you ran into so many issues during your stay with me, I have looked into all of the issues that you mentioned and have take care of them and will make sure that this does never happen again. I hope that you return so that I may show you the true meaning of Customer Service.

Lina

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!