“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in San Marcos
Plano, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was very impressed by the cleanliness and size of the room. LOVED the bedding!! Nice breakfast spread, too, and the staff was pleasant and helpful. It was a super comfortable experience and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I have no complaints about the staff, nor the condition of the hotel itself. It was clean, comfortable and provided a very nice breakfast. It is just situated in what we felt was just a noisy location, very close to I-35. Our room was facing the interstate and I was awakened several times by the roar of trucks. I was going to recommend booking a room on the opposite side of the hotel, but there is a driveway on the backside that has speed bumps, and we followed a semi out and each speed bump caused the rear door of the trailer to bounce up and then slam down with a very loud bang. The driveway separates a national brand delivery service from the back of the hotel. I don't know if we just encountered a rare occurrence or not, and I am not sure if this happens frequently or not. If you are a heavy sleeper, these issues may not be a factor. Still, in all, the hotel is a nice facility.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is located right off the highway behind some restaurants. Check in was fast (loved the chocolate chip cookies). We were in room 409 right off the elevator, but it still was very quiet. They had a free breakfast with cereal, bagels, english muffins, whole & diced fruit, waffles, sausage, biscuits , eggs & oatmeal. There was something for everyone & it was good. Even saw the delivery man bringing in fresh bakery donuts. We would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Southlake, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hotel is top notch and with best rate, the best deal within 50+ miles. I showed up without a reservation - on a Monday - and I didn't have my Hilton Honors id with me. The front desk accommodated me quickly and painlessly. I had a very nice king room - everything from lobby, halls and room/bath were clean and fresh. I only had time for a banana for breakfast - and they had a bunch of good ones! That doesn't happen everywhere. I feel safe and well taken care of here - important when traveling alone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wonderful facility! Clean. Excellent breakfast - friendly front staff - quick check in! Front office staff even helped me find local eating spots and good shopping. Facility was very clean and no concerns were noted anywhere in this facility.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

San Marcos, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I decided to do an off-the-cuff trip for my family and I was initially intending to stay at a Hilton Hotel but the closest location was in Austin. I decided that we would stay at this location and it was an awesome experience. The hotel staff was very attentive and friendly. They were also very knowledgeable of the area and fun things that we could do. I loved staying here and will make sure that I stay here during my next visit to Sam Marcos.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Couldn't have asked for nicer accommodations, especially after having a horrible previous experience at another hotel in the area at higher price. Our room was so Clean, Fresh Smell, Comfy Bed etc. Beautiful, Comfortable lobby as well. Thank you for a perfect football weekend, Sharon from Fort Worth, TX

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - San Marcos? Share your experiences!