“Wonderful stay. Bed very hard.” 5 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in San Marcos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Deer Park, Texas
“Wonderful stay. Bed very hard.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

If I had to come up with a problem with this hotel it would be that the room I stayed in had a bed that was like sleeping on a rock. With that said the room was well appointed and very spacious. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I will stay at this hotel again and tell my family about it. I will how ever ask if they have a bed that is a little softer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Best hotel in the area. In town for sports activity at Texas State -- room was spacious and quiet. Bedding comfortable as most Hampton Inns -- breakfast was ample and pleasant atmosphere. Just need two attendants to help clear the tables on busy weekends. This is my hotel of choice when in the area. Comfortable, clean and priced well.

Room Tip: Myroom on the first floor was suprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My comments are not meant to disparage the staff. They were friendly and helpful. My comments are about the hotel and hopefully will be passed on to Corporate.

Poor location: The hotel is at the corner of IH 35 in what I call a "hotel compound" with two other hotels. Getting in and out was a chore. One very small sign on the feeder to direct you to the location and an unmarked back way out to another roadway. The location was also surrounded by a wooden fence that gives you a caged in feel. This made it difficult to walk to close by eating establishments.
The room: VERY disappointed in the room. Plain and uninviting. Walls were painted white and like the furniture showed wear and tear. The tub/shower was so small that I stood still as not to loose my balance. The tub surround was plastic.
I did like the microwave and the mini-fridge was larger than most. The bed was very comfortable; nice duvet; great continental breakfast.
I picked the Hampton Inn over other hotels in the area because of my prior positive experiences with the chain. I don't think I would return here though. hopefully my comments will be accepted in a constructive manner.
Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Convenient location to TSU and reasonably priced. Hotel staff is friendly and willing to assist in any way possible. Room had a sitting area, small table and chairs, and a single bathroom. I found the room slightly dusty especially around the night stands. Need to put the maids two work!!! No other complaints about my two night stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ryan F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - San Marcos, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Dusty rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Perfect location for our trip to visit the Texas State Campus. Hotel room was very nice, bedding was very clean and felt like home! Check in and out was smooth without any issues or waiting in line! Breakfast buffet was more than i had imagined, they had hot and cold items, my favorite was the fresh fruit and bagels! I recommend this property, we had no complaints and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

As always, the Hampton Inn in San Marcos was a great value. The rooms are always clean and they are consistently staffed with friendly helpful Associates. They could use a bit more variety in their breakfast menu and I had problems being able to print my boarding passes since the printers would not work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a large room, two queen beds and 4 adults shared. Room had a sitting area, small table and chairs, one bathroom. Room was clean, no complaints breakfast buffet included was fine...nothing special, but not complaining. Staff weren't exactly helpful, not rude, but certainly didn't go out of their way I asked directions a couple of times and received a "not sure" or "no idea" response. We were asking for directions to the outlet mall (which is just down the road but we weren't sure of the one ways) And if there was a Costco in town. That is my only complaint.. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, just know that the staff aren't overly helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ryan F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - San Marcos, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn San Marcos. A knowledgeable staff is a top priority here at the Hampton and if we were not up to par during your trip I apologize. We will use this as a learning opportunity to refresh our understanding of the San Marcos area. Hope to see you again in the future, and have a great day!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - San Marcos? Share your experiences!