“Pleasantly surprised after reading the other reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 San Marcos to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Motel 6 San Marcos
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1321 I-35 North, I-35 at S.R. 82 Loop, Exit #206, San Marcos, TX 78666   |
Ranked #12 of 27 hotels in San Marcos
San Marcos
“Pleasantly surprised after reading the other reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend and in all honesty the only problems we had were the people next door arguing, the people at the front desk were very helpful and the cost was great. Only other problem we had was turning into the right lane to get to the hotel, but they can't really help where they are at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Alvin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have stayed here three times while my son attends Texas State. Rooms are small but they have been clean. No amenities and the towels are not luxurious. Platform beds are not very comfortable. I bring my own pillows but family didn't complain about those provided. Convenient to outlet mall and Texas State. Staff is helpful and friendly. All types stay here so you don't want to leave valuables in your car. Laundry room clean and in working order. Good price for a room we basically just need to sleep at night. Ask for a room not facing the highway. Our first visit to San Marcos we stayed at ANOTHER hotel close by and the staff was rude, not helpful, unconcerned about our complaints and the room smelt like dog/cat business. We then stayed here and have been satisfied with each visit. With all the people who come in and out for ball games, the outlet mall and floating the river I say they do a decent job of keeping things in order. Some of the other hotels are way overpriced for just needing a place to rest your head at night.

Room Tip: Have them give you a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Room smelled, no remote, storm caused water to rush in under the door , pillows unacceptable, towels were almost non existent, checked out a day early--bigger concern though was groups of young men that congregated in the parking lot and in front of their rooms drinking and smoking deep into the night. Front desk people were extremely polite. For all you 6 er's, avoid this one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Aubrey, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

You can tell they have tried to remodel the rooms, but don't let that fool you. The room was nasty. And cramped. Hair all in the bath tub. Yuck.

To top it off..... The housekeeping STOLE medications left on the bathroom counter. Ummmm.... People take mediations for a reason, not for the maids to get high!! I mean throwing some 'fresh towels' in your room during the day just seems like a ploy to go through your stuff.

Parking lot was scetchy.... We didn't dare leave valuables out there!

Seems like there are plenty of 'value' hotels in San Marcos, so go to one of them instead !!

• Stayed March 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Marcos, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize for your negative experience and appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention. The cleanliness and service issues you described are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so we can make record of your experience and work to address the issues you encountered: 1-800-557-3435.
The Colony, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here in order to go to the Austin Rodeo - I got the room through another site at a pretty decent price since everything in Austin had been jacked up out of my price range due to South by Southwest (by the way - I really hate it that even the Motel 6 in Austin will get up close to $200 during that time - price gouging)

This location was an older motel but it was okay. They've redone all the Motel 6's that I've stayed in over the past few years - taking out the carpet and putting down hardwood floors - hate that. Also hate the platform beds with no box spring or support. They are hard as a rock and that is why I'd have to say one night here was more than enough.

Also... don't know if it was just when I showed up or what the deal was but the computer wouldn't accept my MC/debit card, so I had to find an ATM to take cash out - the young woman at the front desk was nice enough to give me a small discount because I had to go out of my way to get money. She was really sweet and apologetic - even though it wasn't her fault.

The room itself was just okay - that's really the best I can say - there was a small table to put our stuff on - the beds shoved in the small room made it seem even smaller. There was no counter space with the sink, so it was hard to get ready - putting in my contacts, doing my hair and make up ect... and my daughter had to utilize the mirror too - jocky'ing for pole position between the two of us because it was the only mirror available.

The sign on the back of the bathroom door said the room rented for $99 a night. I can assure you I paid way less than that and there is no way on earth I would have EVER paid that much.

A few un-happy moments - walking into the bathroom in the middle of the night and finding a small roach running around - thankful it wasn't a bunch of them though, there were stains on the bed cover, the towels needed to be replaced (cheap and hard) AND the floor show in the parking lot outside of my door with a man and woman who were drunk.

I had to call the front desk because the guy was yelling at the woman and she was so drunk she had to crawl across the parking lot. I personally would have called the police but the person on duty just went out and helped carry the woman to her room. That was nice enough but honestly someone that drunk probably needed medical attention - at one point the woman was passed out in between two cars.

Anyway... don't pay over $50 for a room here and don't expect much. I know Motel 6 doesn't do a breakfast or anything but they didn't even have a small coffee maker available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

If I could give negative 1's, I would. First when entered the front to check out a room the lady at the front desk was rude and she looked like she was on hardcore drugs. After I received my key, i went to the room and my bed looked like a 3 year old made it. Then there was this tall older housekeeper who just freaked me out. I was skeptical about laying in the bed; i thought i was going to find a fix in between my sheets! I asked a worker who was the manager and they pointed out this african american lady who also looked like she was on drugs. I didnt even bother to discuss my complaint with her due to her looking like a phen from the projects. Im telling you almost all of the workers here look like drug users.. not a professional look for a business. I will NEVER recommend anyone to come here, nor will I be coming here ever again!

• Stayed January 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

As soon as you walked in the room smelled like mildew! As you turn on the air it got worse. Had to go get some oust to help, the sheets were stained at the foot of the bed, that is where they are told to hide stains. For The 53.00 I could have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Motel 6 San Marcos? Share your experiences!