“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 27 hotels in San Marcos
Houston, Texas
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times before and the experience has always been pleasant. The staff is very courteous and responsive. The rooms were upgraded not long ago and the flat screen TV showed well and the bed slept very comfortable.

Prior to staying at this hotel, I visited others in the immediate area and by far, this hotel was the best based on quality and pricing which go hand in hand.

Room came with mini frig and microwave which came in quite useful. The breakfast is continental so nothing more should be expected. No restaurant on site but hotel is convenient to other nearby restaurants, shopping outlets, stores and Texas State University.

Room Tip: Recommend 1st floor facing the highway. Also suggest booking direct versus going through travel site...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feelings. The feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Completely disgusting. Restroom was not clean. Seemed like only trash was taken out. There was hair all over the counter. There where pills that were left out. And corners where dusty. The room smelled as did the hallways. Service was terrible. Go to check in and I was completely disrespected. Lady asked me if I was 16, ma'am I would not be booking a room if I was 16.... Nor would I have a credit card. Room would not cool down. Refrigerator and microwaved smelled terrible.

• Stayed July 2013
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest

I am very sorry that your experience was not as what it should have been. I will discuss this matter with our team and will resolve the issue .On behalf of myself and my staff please accept our sincerest apologies and I hope you will give us one more chance to serve you better in your future trip to san marcos.
New Caney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was decent but there was trash all in the halls and when we went to eat the continental breakfast all they has was mini muffins and mini bagels! On that alone we are going to go somewhere else because when I'm paying and a breakfast is included the least you can do is at least lay out a breakfast that you can fill up on. Will not be going back plus the staff was not friendly and I couldn't understand the Indian woman working at the front desk!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the feedback about your recent stay. I am sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have discussed this with our staff. we will took care of the area which was not clean.

Sorry again.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I spend a lot of time in San Marcos while building on some property in Wimberley. I have shopped around the city of San Marcos seeking a good price for a good clean room. I have not been disappointed nor thrilled but this room at the price I paid with wi-fi and breakfast in a cold clean spacious room is the best so far.

Room Tip: Seek Super King sized bed with wi-fi.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I'm so happy to hear that you found our rooms
to be clean and comfortable and that you found the staff to be friendly and informative. I know that the team will be excited to hear the positive feedback when I share it with them today and it will surely serve as encouragement to keep up the good work. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to this area

Best Regards,

Urbana, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

You get what you pay for. On the plus side, the price was great. The staff was fairly friendly. The room was reasonably clean. On the negative side, it was shabby. There was a bad smell. The curtain had to remain closed because the view was of a battered fence with about fifty old screens leaned against it. There was a barking dog. Overall, it was an okay place to stay, but I'll not stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the San Marcos Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Red Roof Inn was our "home base" when we recently attended our granddaughter's graduation fron San Marcos Baptist Academy. It turned out to be an excellent home away from home. The free Wi Fi connection was a plus......the bed was very comfortable.....and despite the fact that we were close to the Interstate, the traffic noises could not be heard inside. Hooray for that.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor.....so keep this in mind if stairs might present a problem...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest.

Thank yoy for your time to share your opinion about the Red Roof Inn at San Marcos,Tx.It is very important for us and I will sure share with our staff.

Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel chain promises great rooms, comfy beds and "budget conscious rates." However, we got none of those things. Our room was dirty with some personal dirty items from the previous occupants. The bathroom floor was dirty and looked like it had not been scrubbed in a long time. The towels were worn and thin, and hardly white. In addition to my room, I rented two others for family members and they complained of similar issues. As well, the hair dryer did not work at one of them.
In addition, The room and lobby decor were very dated and again looked dirty. The pool was used by our children only once, as it was dirty. The continental breakfast forced us to seek other options to eat in the morning.
I am from a large metropolitan area and I have paid the same rates here for much better, cleaner accommodations. We will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appriciate the feedback from your recent stay.I am sorry that you received apoor level of service.I have discussed this with our staff and we took care of the issue.In future if you are visiting this area we would love to have you come back and experience the improved level of service.

Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Red Roof Inn San Marcos? Share your experiences!