“Hotel needs some TLC ASAP” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn San Marcos
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1619 I-35 North, San Marcos, TX 78666   |
Ranked #7 of 27 hotels in San Marcos
Brenham
“Hotel needs some TLC ASAP”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding the weekend of October 4-5, 2013. The room was spacious, but was very dated and not very clean. The cover to the AC control was broke and fell to the floor and the AC didn't have a fan setting. The bathtub had black dirty spots in the bottom and the corners of the floors were very dirty. I tried to sign up for a rewards program at the front desk and the employee acted as if it was an inconvenience, so I told him I would just do it online. We will not be using this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at La Quinta Inns for years as I travelled on business. I had such good experiences with my travel reservations, when I retired, I continued to schedule my out of town stays at La Quinta Inns. Great value, clean, friendly staff, and locations rock!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at La Quinta September 27 -29, 2013. The room was dirty. The phone looked like it had never been cleaned. The room smelled. The bathroom floor was filthy. On the second night, there was a bad storm. Then it started leaking through the ceiling. I had to put a trash can under the leak to catch the water. The plaster was coming off the ceiling. I could hardly go back to sleep listening to the water drip. I did complain at check out and they apologized and comp'd one night's stay. I did appreciate that but I will never stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ruidoso, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at LaQuinta because a block of rooms had been reserved for a wedding I was attending. The bathroom was filthy, particularly around the toilet and baseboard in front of the bath tub. Mold on the shower curtain; shower head that sprayed in a million directions. Carpet tacks coming through the carpet between the bedroom section and bathroom section. Crumbs and a red stain between the bed and the bedside table. They took out the dirty towels the first day but only replaced with one towel and never got a bath mat back at all. Used the in-room coffee maker the first day, too, but that was the end of any more coffee for the room. On a positive note, the staff was extremely nice and very helpful. If I could have afforded to move to another hotel, as all but one of the other family members planning to stay here did, I certainly would have. "Wake up on the bright side?" Never again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed while my husband attended a conference. It close to SA and Fiesta TX. there are so many natural attractions in the area and this La Quinta is nicely located nearby.

The staff was eager to help with whatever needs we had.

This location is listed as an "Inn" however I believe the side building was in fact suites. I will call the location next time before booking to stay in a suite!

• Stayed July 2013
New Boston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Took our family to San Marcos and New Braunfels in late summer where we stayed at the La Quinta. This is one of the "older" designed properties (meaning the doors open outside instead of on an interior hall). But don't let the older design deter you for this is a very nice motel. A short drive to Schlitterbahn and an even shorter drive to two great outlet malls. The only downside I could see was having the drive about a mile past the motel when coming from the south so we could return on the southbound side of the freeway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

First stay at this hotel- found it to be friendly, of excellent value, clean and the beds much more comfortable than other hotels in the area. I would definitely stay there again. The location is perfect for those visiting Texas State or the various outlets in the area. Very pleased with the breakfast selections and good coffee for those early mornings!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn San Marcos? Share your experiences!