“An ok stop” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Marcos
Rodeway Inn
Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   801 I-35 N., San Marcos, TX 78666   |
Ranked #25 of 27 hotels in San Marcos
“An ok stop”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Real cheap cost for a group with five rooms. Clean but does need some serious updating. Thus a lower cost. One person in our party misplaced his iPad at the location. The manager at first knew nothing about it but complained about to cheap pillows not in the room. They were actually moved to another room and left there. The iPad was recovered later in the afternoon with no incident. Hotel is easy to get n and out in. Not much on extras but again cheap

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Everything went well. Rooms were clean and bed felt great. From the time we checked in to the time we left. The rooms could've been bigger but for what we paid I believe it was a great stay. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

My children and I checked into this hotel for one night, as my son moved into his dorm at Texas State. During our few hours there (we ultimately had to flee) we had four different types of insects in our room---ants on the ceiling, crickets and a roach from under the door/leaky AC unit), and---the final straw---unidentified black bugs crawling on my daughter's bed (2 were in my hair). We changed rooms once, then ultimately (after the bugs in the hair incident), I demanded my money back and we had to relocate to another hotel late at night (with a ten hour drive ahead of me the next morning). The front desk clerk was a schmuck, but once the manager showed up, things were handled and I was treated with respect. It was a nightmare and I certainly hope they fired that jerk clerk---whose response to the bug situation was sarcasm and disrespect. It is Austin or San Antonio next time for my family!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Granbury, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I stayed at the Rodeway in San Marcos, TX in order to scuba dive at Spring Lake. The cost of my stay was quite reasonable. The room was clean and housekeeping was prompt. Do not expect a lot of extras as this is an old motel and does show it's age. The facility was in need of remoldeling. Room did have small refrigerator, microwave, hairdry, and ironing board. No coffee available in the room. Security needs to be addressed as public can access the facility across a vacant field in the back and there was no functional lighting in the back parking lot. Staff was friendly and offered help if needed. Overall i may or may not stay there again as there are other motel chains nearby and not that much more in cost. Also, the swimming pool looked clean but was posted with a no swimming sign. There were guests swimming in the pool.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Laredo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Room was too small, nice and clean but smelled, beds were not comfortable, could hear the people next door, they were too loud, the door was not safe, had to pressed very hard to close it, even my wife was not able to close it. Didn't like the bathroom either, not a good experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

I just returned from a 2 night stay at this motel. The bathroom was dirty, bath towels threadbare and grimy, and the bathtub did not drain. The blankets were burned and stained. When something was stolen from our room, I was assured no one on staff had anything to do with it. Since the staff and hotel management are the only people who had access to our room, they are ultimately responsible--the kids at the front desk did not know how to handle the situation and the manager simply avoided us.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!