“Seedy. Creepy.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in San Marcos
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Seedy. Creepy.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Breakfast is coffee, artificial juice, 2 kinds of cereal and muffins or danish (in a case that needs to be cleaned). The lady at the front desk was nice. The hotel is on the frontage road, and next to I35, so there is traffic noise, but it seems minimal. Train can be heard but is minimal noise as well. Outside my room is the squeaky staircase-that made the most noise. The AC has a funky smell. The smell of the cleaning supplies/air freshener they use is overpowering. There is a flat, not fitted sheet on the bed. The tub does not drain well. The toilet does not have a cover. There is a microwave and mini fridge. I reserved my room site unseen for a week. I am taking a course with local law enforcement. They laughed when I told them where I am staying and told me to get out of here. It's the kind of room where I won't take my shoes off. Although no one has bothered me, I think I will upgrade to a different hotel, where I feel comfortable taking a shower. I drove around town a bit tonight-all the other hotels are packed. There are 5 cars in the parking lot here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Requested nonsmoking and got smoking. room was dated and in need of top to bottom remodel. Linins and towels were very worn and needed replacement. ok for a single guy, but would not take the family there.

• Stayed March 2013
buckster75
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I guess waiting till last minute on the last holiday of the summer is not a good idea. Got this room because nothing else available. Needs updating bad. Paint on door peeling. Microwave rusting inside. frig was not cold. Floor was uneven. needed a good thorough cleaning everywhere. furniture was about to fall apart; one chair had fabric so dirty I would not sit in it. Last time they did paint it was very sloppy. TV was too small compared to what I have seen elsewhere. Only found one spider. bedding was very worn. I guess this what 90 bucks gets these days.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Taylor, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

First, let me say that the young girl who worked the front desk was a sweetheart. She smiled a lot and was very courteous. She gave me the code to get on wi-fi which worked well. Now on to the not so positive stuff. It seems that the owner has no intention of keeping up his motel. It is in need of so many things I almost don't know where to start. This place needs new everything. The paint, the linens, every part of the building that I can think of is in disrepair. It wasn't necessarily dangerous, unless maybe you have small children. Where to start...there was an extra lamp in my room for no apparent reason. Two out of four light bulbs were not working in the lamps. There was a flat sheet on the bottom of the bed instead of a fitted sheet. One of the bed linens--sheet or bedspread, can't remember--was stained. The carpet is disgusting. I was in a smoking room so I understand the need to mask the smell of cigarettes. I have to say I am pretty sensitive when it comes to smells, but the cleaner used in the room made me nauseated. The picture on the television was horrible--replace it please. If this room had been $40, I would have expected this type of situation. But, I paid $76. While this is not expensive by any means, I could have saved $20 staying at the Motel 6 nearby. And my experience with Motel 6 tells me it would have been cleaner and in better repair. I was only in town to take some tests at the university over a two day period and work on graduate work. My expectations were not very high. But, I use expedia often and hoped for something better than this. Unless you must stay in San Marcos for an event and this is the only cheap place to stay, I would absolutely stay somewhere else. I am projecting here, but the owner definitely needs to get his greedy a$$ out to this motel and fix it. I only know that the owner is a man because his name is in the lobby. Also, maybe the continental breakfast is good??? I "burned the midnight oil" doing homework and didn't get up in time to see.

Room Tip: My tip is do not stay here unless you are very desperate.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had stayed there over the weekend to enjoy the Outlets as well as taking my kids to Schlitterbahn. The location was great and all hotels closer by were charging a large sum above the Knights Inn. Hotel staff was great and were very helpful with directions and places to eat. Rooms were great for its value and the showers had awesome pressure. Rooms were clean and slept comfortably.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Floor and bathroom are old and dirty. Sheets smelled musty along with room and Air barely worked! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

the best pool was clean and very sparkling room was great had a microwave fridge clean towels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn San Marcos? Share your experiences!