“Great Mexican Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
DSergi
“Great Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a great Mexican place that has a blend of regional Mexican and Tex Mex. The Pork Al Pastor is amazing as its marinated for at least 48 hours. It has a blend of chills and a hint of mole.
The place a great Mexican Bakery and rivals moist decent San Antonio places.

Visited March 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Great place great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We found Casa Maria on our last trip to San Marcos and returned again today. Very friendly people. Great service. Great food. Easy to get to off the highway. Will definitely stop again on our way home.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Little Elm, Texas
“Good Service, OK Food, Odd Presentation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Recommended by the front desk at our hotel, we decided to give Casa Maria a try. Living in Texas for close to 40 years, you come to expect certain things with your TexMex fare. In some cases, Casa Maria delivered - Very attentive service, great salsa, menu with a variety of options to appease most anyone. In other areas they failed. Both my business associate and I ordered the chicken fajitas. Traditionally, these are served on a sizzling skillet with peppers and onions with the beans/rice, etc. brought out separately. Casa Maria served the whole platter on a single plate. The food was delivered literally within two minutes of it being ordered which tells me the food is prepared ahead of time and just heated up. Our food was warm but certainly not hot. The chicken was not typical fajita chicken but had a decent enough flavor and was certainly not deplorable. We perused the bakery and there were a number of selections that looked incredible but we ultimately decided to pass. Overall I wanted to rate this higher but call me a fajita snob or whatever but when they fail to meet expectations I simply cannot justify it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Park, Texas
“Great bakery, good restaurant, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is the second time my husband & I have stopped here for a meal during a drive from Austin to San Antonio. First time here 3 years ago we had lunch.....pretty good food, great service. This last time we ate Sunday breakfast. Again, service was great! My husband got the green enchiladas with cheese (lunch entree) & I got the machacada, the shredded dried need with scrambled eggs, onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, and cheese. It came with corn or flour tortillas (I chose flour) & potatoes & refried beans. Tortillas & machacada were great! Didn't eat the beans or potatoes, I was too full. My husband really liked his whole plate. The chips were warm, the red salsa is very good (nice heat but not tongue searing) & the green sauce is yummy but will, over time, pleasantly burn your tongue. We love the bakery! After eating, at least go get a cookie. Or get alot of bakery, it's all yummy. Service is great and all wait staff plus bakery folk are friendly. We didn't have the kids with us but we would bring them to this place, they do have a kids menu. They also have a full bar but I have not had any of their drinks. Conveniently located not too far off of I-35 in San Marcos. If you're traveling and need a relaxed place to stop, this is it. For all you travellers too, this is not a chain. Just a local place with a great bakery. Give it a whirl!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cypress, Texas
“Delicious food and amazing bakery counter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Delicious fajitas, bakery goods and chips. Definitely recommend a visit when in San Marcos. You have to try the salsa.

Visited July 2013