“Clean, and one of the more reasonable places to stay in the...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #14 of 27 hotels in San Marcos
Tyler
“Clean, and one of the more reasonable places to stay in the...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Clean, and one of the more reasonable places to stay in the area. Have stayed here several times, and will again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room was dirty and beds were uncomfortable. The service was fast and friendly and it was close to the interstate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Hockley, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had reservations for a 4 night stay do to a job transfer. You get what you pay for! Roaches were in bathroom, the paint on the ceiling was hanging, the light/exhaust fan in the bathroom made a horrible sound and smelled like it would catch on fire, the tub was cracked, mildew/mold visible. Did not appear that anything had been wiped down. Light fixtures etc. had smudges from who knows what all over them. The staff did not change sheets daily (husband marked a sheet), the pillows had stains on them (yes we checked). I brought my own cleaning supplies and went to town on everything, but still felt gross. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast or check out the pool, can't even imagine what that would have been like! Not worth the money :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Copperas Cove, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked 2 rooms (on 6/12/13) for the weekend of 6/22-23/13, so our son could visit the campus, check out the town & visit with out of town family members. On 6/13-14/13, I called the club (hotelclub.com) that I had booked through to make sure we were given a downstairs ADA room on the first floor. We have a basset & a daschund & unless there is an elevator (there isn't), we always request downstairs. The representative (who was VERY nice), advised she would send an email to the hotel, but suggested I call them directly, to insure my request(s) would be granted. I called & was promptly put on hold for 20 minutes. When the clerk finally came back on the line, she rudely informed me that the ADA rooms were "first come, first serve" & if I really "NEEDED" the first floor, I would have to talk to the manager. When I informed this clerk that I had already paid for the room, she informed me that it didn't matter, this was the hotel policy & that I would have to speak with the manager. This "manager" & I played phone tag from 6/15/13 until 6/20/13, whereupon he informed me that he would do all he could to accommodate all of my requests. When I got home that evening (6/20/13, after 10pm), there was a message from him, advising he had cancelled my reservation & to make accommodations elsewhere. I called him at 9 am, 6/21/13, & he advised me that he was a small family run business (NOT), that he only had 6-8 ADA rooms (not all on the first floor & this is supposedly a 100+ room facility), that I was being EXTREMELY DEMANDING (because of the ADA room & the first floor request) & I could take my business elsewhere! I had read the reviews before I booked the rooms & even though they were not good, several co-workers of mine recommended this place because of the location. We drove by this hotel on our way into San Marcos & I must say that for the price I had paid($168), I am glad that the "manager" cancelled. The place is NOT well maintained, the lobby is dowdy & smelly. We got a peek at a downstairs ADA room & it too, was on the "smelly" side (the maid was cleaning), as well as being dowdy. When you look this place up on the Travelodge website, the pictures must be VERY OLD, as it does not look that way today. If you want an ADA room on the first floor & you have pets, do not, repeat DO NOT stay here...You will have wasted your money & there are better, pet friendly (La Quinta right next door) hotels, with better staffs. I cannot & will not even give this place a rating, my experience was so bad, however, to write a review, I have to rate.

Room Tip: Go to the La Quinta next door.
Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

So, sad to be here :( disappoint the bathroom is broke, no kidding, the A.C isn't good, the bathroom is dirty, the neighbor was a party outside and they did't do nothing about.
The from desk is just pretty, my son told me that " I think they put all the money there" because they fink look like put some money in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Travelodge San Marcos? Share your experiences!